4 - Sleepovers and Rain

(Quickly just wanted to say that this is currently set in later 2012, Enjoy!)

Mitch's point of view

I chuckle lightly and I feel my phone buzz again to see it's a text from Kirstie.

Kirstie: Scott is literally freaking out because he doesn't want to be caught in the rain while he drives.

I shake my head and let the smile spread onto my face. I text her back with one hand since Travis is occupying the other.

Mitch: Trust me, I know. I can see him throwing his hands up! That boy needs to stop swerving and start driving properly.

I see the shadow of Kirstie's head turn to Scott. A few seconds later, Kirstie replies.

Kirstie: He said you should focus on Travis instead.

I cup my mouth with my hand as my phone rests on my lap and feel my face redden.

"Oh." I whisper.

"What?" Travis asks.

"No nothing, just a text." I say, nervously. He nods his head and I pick my phone up.

I try to think of a good comeback and finally decide on a decent one.

Mitch: Then I'm not buying Scott any more glass bottles of coke.

I see the same routine happen, where Kirstie turns to Scott. I see Scott's hand stretch to the middle of their car, and faintly see him flicking me off. I gasp.

"Was that meant for you?" Travis laughs. I nod and groan.

Mitch: Tell Scott we're done.

Kirstie: You still love him. 

Mitch: He's still an annoying little crap.

Kirstie: True, but he says he's YOUR annoying little crap.

Why I feel my heart stop when I read "Your," I don't know.

Mitch: No! I need an apology.

Kirstie: You can't hold a grudge with Scott and you know it.

Mitch: Fine! Can I ever win?

Kirstie: Yes, you win Travis.

Mitch: I'm going to slap you. 

With that, I no longer see Scott's car in front of us; but see the Trader Joe's sign instead as Travis pulls into a parking spot. He lets go of my hand and I wish he doesn't, but I'll live.

He parks, and quickly hops out of the car and walks around to my side. He opens the door for me and winks.

I step out of the car, and just take a second to thank the lords that it's night and Travis can't currently see me blushing furiously. I feel the light rain on my skin, but it's calming.

"You're adorable." I say to Travis, and kiss his cheek. The bravery is real.

"Get a room children." I hear Kevin call from behind me. I reluctantly turn around. The crew is standing behind us, and I slap my hand to my forehead. Kirstie is giggling with Avi, and Scott is just smiling and shaking his head. Travis looks at me and grins. He quickly grabs my hand, and squeezes it as he whispers "thank you" and walks over to the group. I sigh dreamily, and follow him.

"Are you not complaining about your hair right now?" Kirstie raises an eyebrow.

"Oh my gosh." My eyes widen and my hands immediately raise to my hair.

"GUYS GUYS GUYS MY HAIIIRRRRR!" I exclaim and sprint to the red canopy that provides shelter from above the automatic doors. I stand there, and cross my arms. They roll their eyes and walk towards the door. Travis giggles.