6 - Unprepared

AHHHH 4000+ reads! That's seriously insane! I know I say it all the time but seriously guys thanks for the support<3 WE'VE ALSO HIT 100+ VOTES AHHHHHHHH! Y'all are fabulous. Ft. SCOTT'S POV AGAIN YAY! (For the purpose of this chapter, it switches from Mitch's point of view to Scott's and back to Mitch's.) Sorry if it's a little hard to keep up. OH also, there'll be some narrator's commentary here and there. Which looks like -this.- Also also very sorry for how late it took to post this, but I hope you enjoy. Please remember to read the A/N at the end of this chapter <3  

Mitch's point of view

We spend the rest of our time together sipping our drinks, with me replaying the same sentence over and over again.

"I really like you too."

I'll treasure it forever. Oh, I like him so much.

The way the faint red pecks at his cheeks when I compliment him. The way he speaks, clear and smooth. The way his blue eyes look at me, excited and adventurous.

"What?" Travis interrupts my thoughts.

"Hm?" I ask, then realize I was staring at him dreamily.

"Oh! Um, well. It's just that your beauty astounds me." I add, noticing my fault.

"You're like a cuter version of Romeo, but lay off the poison mmkay?" He jokes.

"Okay." I roll my eyes.

"Hey, I kind of have to get going. I'm going to dinner with the fam. Is it cool if we leave now?" Travis asks after checking his watch.

"Sure." I smile, a little bummed that we have to go already.

"Alright, shall we?" Travis laughs as he stands up and holds out his arm to link with mine.

I giggle as I stand up and link our arms.

"We shall."

The car ride back is amazing. We talk the whole time, not once having an awkward silence or running out of topics. We're comfortable with each other. The sky is clear for me to be able to gaze at the perfect orange hues that reflect upon the sky as the sun goes down. The sun reflects off of many buildings, causing a great effect to it all. Almost too soon, we arrive at the apartment complex.

"Can I walk you up to your apartment?" Travis asks, grinning.

"I'd love if you did." I respond truthfully.

Hand in hand, we walk into the complex and only have to wait a moment for the elevator. Striking up small talk, we converse about future plans for the week, and thank each other for a good night.

Nervousness bubbles up inside of me as we step out of the elevator and make our way to my door. I can't just ask him out, I didn't even bother planning this.

"I had fun tonight." I smile, putting the key in it's lock.

"I did too." Travis grins, with his hands in his front jean pockets as he sways back and forth. He almost seems as nervous as me.

"Mitch." Travis says, as I pretend to struggle with unlocking the door.

"Mhm?" I ask, trying to stay calm.

"Will you um, okay. I know we've only known each other for a few months, and we only started really recently hanging out. But would you maybe, possibly like to be my boyfriend?" Travis responds, and my heart stops.

Oh my, oh my gosh. He just asked me out. It happened. It just happened. HALLELUJAH! PRAISE THE LORDS! What would I have said if I were asking him? Wait I haven't responded, maybe I should do that.