7 - Keeping It Together

Over 11,000 reads now, that is seriously just, wow. When 6 was posted I had somewhere around 5,000 and this just, I can't. I'm so blessed. I've also hit 70+ followers ahh! You guys are extremely sweet and y'all are constantly making my day. Thank you thank you thank you! I also appreciate all the feedback I've been getting, keep being awesome. This took way too long to publish, and I'd like to apologize in advance. Writer's block is such a pain, ugh. Thank you so much for having patience though! I'm now doing one shots so you can go check that out and leave a request over there if you'd like. This one isn't as long as usual, but I feel waaaay too bad making you guys wait so long. The song on the right is absolutely amazing, and gave me inspiration for the ending to this chapter. Anywaaay.. Starting off with Scott's point of view!

Scott's point of view

There's something I've been trying to figure out the whole night.

Did he feel anything? When he kissed my forehead? When I hugged him? 

I definitely felt that something. Truly, it's not something to me, but rather everything. 

The sweet, rare warmth. That very everything has left me dumbfounded now.

I don't know what to do. 

When he kissed my forehead, I just about died and resurrected to heaven. 

He's so incredibly oblivious though. I'm not even a good liar! Kirstie saw right through it the minute the words "it's my grandpa" left my mouth. 

Although, I do appreciate him, a lot. 

He cares and worries about me, and I guess I shouldn't say that he shouldn't worry about me. I'd want him to worry about me if he didn't. He's so cute too. That little message on the Starbucks cup, the kiss, and that temple massage.

He knows my weaknesses. 

Well, not all of them entirely. 

He clearly doesn't know that my biggest weakness, is indeed him. 

I can't think straight. Is he actually going to make me visit him? That's the last thing I want to do. 

I don't know, but I want sleep. 

How better of a sleep it'd be if Mitch were curled up next to me. 

Sleep, Scott. You need some sleep.

I do, I need some sleep. I can think later.

Shit, it's really hard liking someone you have relatively no chances with. 

Of course, I fell asleep wishing Mitch was cuddled up next to me.

I woke up to bright light streaming through my window, and a comforting scent wafting around my room. Blinking my eyes a few times to adjust to the light, I noticed my curtains were open, and a Starbucks cup on my nightstand. 

"You take a while to wake up." A voice said from beside me. I jumped, clearly startled. I turned my head, to see the one and only Mitch. Cross legged, and cradling a Starbucks cup.

"MITCH! Was that necessary?" I pouted, trying to regulate my breathing.

"Oh hush up sleeping beauty. I got you coffee!" He protested.

"No pastry?" I smirked, while stretching out my limbs.

Mitch gasped and threw a hand to his chest.

"I AM APPALLED! I WAS GOING TO TAKE YOU FOR BREAKFAST AND THIS IS HOW YOU REPAY ME? I'M DONE!" Mitch exclaimed, as he got up from my bed. 

"No! Mitch come back!" I laughed, holding my arms out in front of me.