1

I felt myself float in and out of consciousness
I couldn't be bothered to open my eyes, all I could do was listen. Footsteps and crickets. It was only one pair of footsteps, rather heavy, almost as if the owner of the steps was running around.

Slowly my senses all came back one by one, first being my touch. I felt a patterned, sorta soft knitted blanket lying underneath my cold body. Underneath the blanket was what felt like a bed, not to comfy but also not to stiff, as if it had been used for decades, odd.

I felt my head rested on a snug pillow, slightly elevated. Then came the pain. My head throbbed as if it had been beaten with a bat. All my nerves and joints throbbed with pain, there was a fire burning sensation in the pit of my stomach, as if I hadn't eaten in weeks.

I furrowed my eyebrows and winced in pain and I let out a low groan, but sadly loud enough to alert the footsteps in the next room. They began speed walking towards where I layed.

My eyes winced at the light and then the lights went out, as if the footsteps knew of how my eyes were sensitive to the light. I slowly peeked my eyes open to see a most dark room besides a dimly lit oil lamp next to where I lay.

Since there wasn't much light in the room it was easy for me to open my eyes up fully. I took a struggled gulp of my saliva down my brittle, dry throat.

I slowly turned my head to my left to see the shadow of a boy sitting in a chair next to me.

"You gave us a scare there for awhile, good morning." The figure leaned forward and he came into view, even if I could only make out small details because of the oil lamp.

He had chestnut brown hair, a rather prominent nose that cast back a small shadow onto his porcelain face, he had a perfectly built jawline along with cheekbones. A slight tint of dark circles under his eyes. Even though the light was dim, his piercing green eyes shown bright.

He had sad, low carried eyes that just slightly sunk into his skin. Above his furrowed eyebrows, close to the centre of his forehead was a small scar, just small enough to be visible up close. He had small, barely visible smile lines near his nose, as well as slightly chapped lips, but still they were mid line plump and firm.

He looked at me in depth, as if he was reading me like a book, as my pupils dilated, adjusting to the dark.

I cleared my throat slightly as I spoke with my croaking, soft voice,

"w..where am I?"

"If I told you, you wouldn't believe me" the green eyed boy spoke, tilting his head slowly to the side,

"Try me" I struggled to say as I smirked,

"Your in neverland, my shadow saved you from what I think was a suicide attempt, ironic isn't it? That you were in a grave yard." He spoke raising his eyebrow slightly

I looked at him in disbelief and chuckled slightly but ended up in a coughing fit.

"Yeah your right I don't, I'm just dead and my mind is playing tricks on me. And it's called a necropolis, calling it a grave yard is just disrespectful to the dead." I spoke as I started to gain my voice back.

The boy chuckled and said sarcastically

"Well you've got a rather large vocabulary don't you?" I smirked and went to reply when my voice stopped dead as my memories all came back. I can't be hear I need to go back

I sat up quickly only to be met with a pounding pain in my head but I pushed through it. The boy with sad eyes stood up out of his chair and pushed me gently back down on the bed but I got up again, only to be pushed again but I stood my ground, or rather sat.

"You don't understand, if I'm not actually dead then I have to go, you have to let me go" I spoke sternly, but with subtle fear in my voice.

"Not happening girl, you can't leave neverland, I own this place, no one leaves without my say." He told me as he shoved me back down and I winced.

"Why are you so urgent to go back home, weren't you trying to kill your self," he asked with a slight hint of cockiness

I looked up a him with a slight look of disgust as I said

"Yes I was, and for reasons that you don't need to know, but what you do need to acknowledge that I have to go home."

"No, you're not" he seethed as he stared holes into my head

I sighed deeply, excepting defeat, knowing that he wasn't going to change his mind, if I'm not dead, then I'm going to die, I wanted to die because I was dying anyways.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, relaxing his scary glare, waiting for my answer.

"I'm okay, I guess," I said, looking up at him, I could get lost in his eyes, anyone could.

"Okay, well get up, we're going outside, Felix is going to show you around and show you your hut." The boy said, lifting me up by the arm, not wasting anytime, not even noticing when I wince at his harsh grip

I stood up on my feet, slightly wobbling at my loss of balance, I walked towards the door, following the boy but before He opened the door he stopped in his tracks and turned around to face me ,who looked confused at his  sudden movements,

"I forgot to ask, what's your name girl." He asked looking into my eyes, studying the colour of my blue but slightly green Iris's, as if they were the colour of an ocean's waves crashing around, hiding the past of my life.

"Ophelia, Ophelia Venora. And you are?" I replied, looking back at him, exploring his sad eyes as well

"Peter, Peter Pan"