4

Ophelia's P.O.V

After I gathered myself in my tent I walked out of my tent towards where all the other boys were playing. I walked over to one of the logs where Arthur sat playing with a stick in the shape of a dowsing rode.

"Hey kiddo" I said walking up to him

"Hi oph'ia" he said in his little childish voice, he couldn't fully pronounce my name.

"What are you up to today"

"Just pwaying' wif' my tings'"

I smiled at his small, mispronounced words, I found his voice calming in a sense. As if he was all the innocence in the world gathered into one small child. He looked up at me and smiled a toothless smile.

"How come yew' left lunsh' totay'?" He asked turning his head slightly

"Oh I just wasn't feeling well, no need to worry child." I spoke softly.

"O'tay, well get better!" He said as he smiled, little did he know...

I patted his head and stood up as I headed towards the forest, I need a walk, I was about to pass the huts when I heard a voice behind me

"Ophelia?" I recognized the voice, the British accent.

I turned around and just as I suspected, Pan was standing behind me, he toward over me by about 5 inches and I'm 5'4.

"Yes?" I asked, trying to hide my discomfort.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine Pan, I know that I told you about my condition but I want you to treat me like the other lost ones, I don't need to be pitied, especially not from you." I said standing my ground

He squinted his eyes at and then replied in a louder voice.

"fine, well you've already broken one of my rules, you are not to leave camp without my permission, and If you think I'm taking it easy on you or pitying you, then you can think again."

Then he grabbed me by my arm and dragged me back into camp, I winced a little at his hold but walked along with him, trying my best to keep up. He pulled me into the centre of the camp and pushed me slightly.

"Boys, since our new girl here has already broken one of my rules, we are going to play a little game, target practice." He yelled out as the other lost boys surrounded us.

He looked over at Ulmer and he threw Peter an apple. Peter took me over by a tree and pushed me against it, placing the apple on top of my head.

"Don't move unless your planning to get shot in the head." He whispered in my ear, he moved backwards smirking and handing Ulmer 3 knifes.

"Ulmer is going to be throwing these knifes at you, move or say a word and you'll be spending the night in the cages." Peter said, squinting his eyes at me. Ulmer chuckled sadistically and said

"Don't worry darlin, I'll try my best not to hit you, I've never been good with knifes, I always miss my target" he said with a smirk as I went wide eyed.