5

Ophelia's P.O.V

I've been in this cage for what felt like months, but what's was actually only a week. I was brought food once a day by Felix, he never really talked to me, just dropped off my food. For the time I've been in this cage, I've realized the serenity that followed Neverland, the aura that surrounds it. It has somewhat of a homely vibe but more frightening then other feelings. There's always a feeling of being watched, always a feeling that someone is watching your every move, its subtle but uncomfortable in a way.

I was sitting back against the bamboo with one of my knees up to my mid chest and my other Leah underneath the bent one. My arm was lightly propped on my leg and my head rested in my palm. I had a slight headache but it wasn't to bad. My vision had been going in and out of focus all of today so I just kept my eyes shut. In the time I had spent by myself this week, I had time to think about many things, my diagnosis, my life back home, my pain, my loneliness..

I had time to think about how broken I am inside from everything that has happened to me. I'm truly falling apart inside and I feel so lonely, not the "I'll never find love" loneliness or the "my peers don't like me" type of loneliness, it's a feeling of loneliness that makes me feel empty inside, a type of sorrow that makes me want to be dead every day, like I'm just here, existing all on my own. My loneliness could move mountains, tear down skyscrapers and destroy worlds. It's a feeling deep inside my soul. Its as if something inside me cracked long ago and my soul is falling apart, piece by piece, and I have no one to help me hold them together. I should be used to it, seeing as I've been alone all my life. It's like my feelings have disappeared, my joy, excitement, pleasure and all that's left is the cold, aching feeling of anger and sorrow. See now that loneliness, that kills.

I lifted my hand to wipe the sleep from my eyes when I heard leaves crunching as footsteps followed. I peeked my head up and crawled towards the cage entrance. I seen a figure come through the trees, but the figure wasn't Felix. The figure had a green attire with knee high boots, he walked with pride and a slight cockiness. Pan

He came up to the front of my cage with a emotionless look on his face. He pulled a key out of his back pocket and brought it up to the lock on the cage, unlocking it and swinging it open. He out-stretched his hand as if to help me out of the cage.

"What in the hell are you doing?" I asked, looking at him with curiosity in my eyes.

He grumbled and grabbed my arm, pulling me out of the cage, making me stumble and almost fall when I came out of the cage, the only thing that kept me on my feet was his grip on my arm.

"Are you going to run. I need to know if your planning on escaping because I'm planning on letting go of your arm." He said looking sternly at me as I shook my head, and with that he released his harsh grip.

"Are you letting me out of the cage?" I asked, slightly tilting my head as my vision went in and out of focus again.

"Yes but next time you pull a stunt like that I'll have your ass killed, do you understand." He said staring at me as I nodded. He resumed his posture and turned around and started to walk away, I followed.

We walked in silence for a few moments. He was a step ahead of me but I followed along. He coughed slightly and said

"So how are you today?"

"I'm fine. My vision hasn't been focusing much today and I've got a headache but besides that I'm okay." I replied as I chewed on the skin of my lip, lightly tugging and plucking a small piece of flesh off, it had become a habit of mine, like chewing on your nails.

"Does that happen often?" He asked, almost sounding concerned

"What do you mean?" I asked him, before he answered my question he stopped walking abruptly causing me to bump into him. He turned around and looked at me and said

"I'm asking what your symptoms are and if they'll effect you living on this island. Your tumours and such may have stopped growing because of the time halt in Neverland but that doesn't mean you won't experience your symptoms or pain. I'm not asking for my own concern I'm asking if you are competent enough to live here. Now what are they." He asked me

Is he really asking me if I'm competent? I've lived with this thing for a year, I know well enough if I'm damn well competent, I'm probably more strong than he is on a good day.

"Well Sir.Smart ass. I get headaches everyday that most of the time just hurt a small bit, but sometimes they are enough to make me pass out or make my vision go black, they can also sometimes cause my ears to bleed resulting in a lot of screaming. Also, like I said earlier, my vision isn't good, it goes in and out of focus a lot of the time. I never get my menstrual cycle so you and your precious boys don't have to worry about that. I also bruise very easily, I've gotten used to it but it can be brutally painful, as well as the fact that I usually have a high blood pressure that makes me pass out from time to time. I'm tired a lot of the time to the point where it can sometimes be unbearable, so if I end up sleeping for two days straight, don't be bothered by it. I also get crazy ass mood swings so watch out for that as well as my irritability, I get angry or pissed of very easily."

I said and took a big breath. Peter was about to say something but I put my hand in his face, signaling him to be quiet.

"I'm not don't yet. I tend to not eat very much because of my liver, so if I'm not told that I need to eat I will forget about it and I'll probably starve. I also get a lot of pain in my gut which also gives my nausea and I vomit sometimes out of no where. And if you noticed I have yellowish rings around the iris in my eye, don't be bothered by it. That's it." I finished

"Wow.." Pan said, looking a little concerned but then his face went back to emotionless

"Yeah, and if me living through all of that shit doesn't prove to you that I'm 'competent" I said with quotations "then I don't know what will" I said raising my voice.

I moved passed him and walked into the woods, wanting to leave his presence but knowing him, that wasn't possible.

"Where are you going?" He asked, still standing where we stopped.

"Anywhere where you are not." I grumbled as I continued walking until I came across a ledge which didn't take much, only a few steps, I almost stepped over it but stopped before I came to close, I looked out over the ledge to see fields and fields of bright green trees and forestry, on the outlines of the forest were mountains, almost as if they were the walls that enclosed the lost ones from the world outside.

It was as if he teleported and in a blink of an eye he was standing in front of me, causing me to stop walking and a slightly shocked expression filled my eyes.

"Well that's not amiable Ophelia, do you want to go back in the cage?" He asked, acting intimidating and slightly tilting his head.

"Do what you please, you don't scare me" I shot back in his face, that familiar feeling of loneliness hitting me as I realized that I didn't care what he did, not much intimidates me anymore.

I took one last look at him and went back on the path that leads to camp and speed walked back to camp, not caring anymore.