Year One: The Injured Kiss

Welcome To Twelve Kisses!

This is going to be about a 13 chapter long story guaranteed. Some chapters may be short, some will contain excerpts from the books, some may contain direct quotes from the movies. It's just something that I thought would be cute. I mean it's about Ron and Hermione. Of course it's going to be cute.

This has been edited and revamped for Wattpad, and soon this edited and revamped version will be done on FFN as well.

I don't own anything but the majority of the plot. Everything else belongs to J.K. Rowling.

AUTHOR'S NOTE 2021: JUST SO YALL KNOW, ALL OF THE STORIES POSTED ON HERE WERE WRITTEN BEFORE SHE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED CAME OUT TO BE A TERF AND DISAPPOINTED US ALL, SO MY VIEWS AND STANNING OF HER HAS VERY MUCH CHANGED. PLEASE DISREGARD ALL PRAISES I GIVE HER IN MY INTROS. THANK YOU!!

Hope you enjoy it. :)

Hermione was in a panic. Harry had just went ahead of her to take on Snape for the Stone, but Ron had fallen and hit his head on the hard marble chessboard after being taken by the Queen.

She ran into the room where Ron was still laying on the ground. Debris was all around him, a nasty bump on the side of his head was producing blood.

"Ron?" exclaimed Hermione. 'Ron please wake up, oh please wake up! Harry has gone ahead and I'm scared!"

Ron was motionless. Breathing, but motionless.

Hermione started to panic. Tears streamed down her face as she screamed at the top of her lungs. "RONALD WEASLEY YOU WAKE UP RIGHT NOW!"

Ron's eyes popped open. They darted around quickly as he was trying to realize where on earth he was.

'What happened?’ he thought. ‘Ow, my head! Okay Ron, focus. Chess, check, floor, Harry...Harry? Hermione?'

"Hermione?" moaned Ron as he focused on the bushy haired blob on front of him, slowly turning into Hermione.

"Ron! You're awake!" Hermione cried, latching onto Ron, causing his arm to hurt.

"Hermione...please..." winced Ron.

"Oh! Oh I'm so sorry. I'm just happy that you woke up! I was scared here by myself."

"By yourself? Where's Harry?"

"He had to go ahead. There was only enough potion for one of us to go through."

"Potion?"

"Never mind. Long story, I'll tell you when we get out of here if...oh goodness Ron! How will we get out?" asked Hermione, frantically.

"Help me up will ya?" asked Ron holding out his hand.

Hermione took his hand and helped him up as best she could. Ron then pushed himself up the rest of the way.

"Looks like we are going back the way we came doesn't it?" asked Hermione.

"Yup, sure does." said Ron as he clutched his right arm, the realization that he had broken it from the fall had set in.

"And does that mean you have to fly us on that broom?"asked Hermione pointing to the broom on the floor.

"No. WE have to fly it." said Ron.

Hermione gasped. "But Ron, I'm no good at brooms. You know that!"

"And I'm no good at brooms with just one arm,Hermione. I'm sure if we both work together, we can get out safely. What do you say?" said Ron sticking out his good hand.

Hermione looked at his hand and then at his face. His deep blue eyes looked filled with confidence and hope. Sure they could do this together. They could do anything. They just finished proving that.

Hermione picked up the broom and then took Ron's hand and shook it. Ron smiled and took the broom from Hermione, mounting it.

"Okay, now you sit in front of me and hold the broom firmly with your right hand. I'll put my left hand over yours. You'll have to hold on tightly with your other hand below it because I can't hold you. I'll help you steer. We can do this yeah?"

Hermione nodded, her body trembling.

Ron sensed her fear and tried to reassure her as best as a 12 year old boy could. "I won't let you fall. If you slip, I’ll try hard to catch you." he said with a small laugh that Hermione returned.

Once they got their bearings, they kicked off at the same time and flew into the air. They were wobbly at first, but eventually they steadied themselves, flying the broom quite well as they flew through the room with the keys, through the trapdoor that lead to Fluffy, and out of the room, into the 3rd floor corridor.

As soon as they touched ground the two ran as quickly as they could to McGonagall's office to alert her of what happened. She sent them to the infirmary to get checked as she wrote to Dumbledore, and set off to round up some teachers.

Madam Pomfrey had Ron drink a potion for mending broken bones and a potion for the pain, and patched him up. She then gave Hermione a potion for her nerves and patched her up as well. She ordered the two of them to stay overnight and then went to bed herself.

Hermione went over to Ron's bed. "Are you feeling okay?"

"Yeah. Still stings though, my arm." said Ron, trying not to show that despite the pain potion, his arm was still in agony.

Hermione smiled, seeing right through his façade. "My mum used to kiss my hurts when I was younger. Made them feel better." she said and then she placed a small kiss on Ron's right arm.

Ron looked at Hermione as if she was odd. What kind of strange muggle bull- oh wait...

"Hey...it actually feel a bit better." said Ron grinning. "That's some crazy muggle thing you got going on Hermione."

Hermione laughed and went back over to her bed and laid down.

"Ron?"

"Yeah Hermione?"

"Do you think Harry will be okay?"

No answer.

"Ron?"

"I think so. I'm sure the teachers have found him standing victorious over Snape's dead body right now." laughed Ron.

"Ronald Weasley, that is cruel!" huffed Hermione.

"I know. Now stop worrying and go to sleep."

"Goodnight, Ron."

"Night, Mione."