Deathly Hallows: The Hero Kiss

Everything in bold is taken directly from Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows and is not my own writing.

Also, there will be passages taken from my other story, Harry Potter and the Other Side. Those words are my writing and will be in italics.

"I never, ever, want to see the inside of that horrible place again." said Hermione as she and Ron headed back to the Room of Requirement, arms full of Basilisk fangs that they had just acquired from the Chamber Of Secrets.

"I strongly agree, love." said Ron. "But now we can finally end this."

They had just returned from the depths of the school, where in their second year, Ron and Harry had went to save Ginny from Tom Riddle.

Hermione was petrified at the time and Ron hadn't made it as far as Harry, as he was stuck babysitting an obliviated Lockhart. So when they had reached the great Chamber, they hadn't known what to expect.

The giant skeleton of the basilisk laid there, fangs still filled with poison. They had extracted many fangs, not knowing how many they would need.

While they were down there, Hermione faced her deepest darkest fears as she was the one to destroy Helga Hufflepuff's cup.

Hermione placed the cup on the floor. Sensing what was to come, the cup shook and came to life.

"I have seen your heart, and it is mine"

"Don't listen to it Mione!" Ron screamed.

"Born a Mudblood. Born to a family that doesn't understand you. Teased and ridiculed for being an insufferable know it all!"

Suddenly the smoke took on the shapes of Ron and Hermione's parents. She stood frozen looking at them.

"Hermione stab it now!" Ron screamed.

"You're such a stupid bitch Hermione Granger" the smoky Ron spat smiling an evil smile. "Did you seriously think I would fall in love with you? A Muggleborn?? How dare you think I would mix my pureblood with yours! You're only good for one thing, and that's laying on your back you filthy Mudblood!'

No. It couldn't be true. Ron would never call her a Mudblood.

"HERMIONE DON'T BELIEVE IT! STAB THE MOTHERFUCKER!"

"You vile girl!" The smoky image of her mum said. "How dare you use magic against us! But in a way, we are thankful. We can forget we ever had such a loony daughter."

"Stupid stupid girl" the image of her dad said. "You are a disgrace"

"You are nothing. Nothing. Nothing." they all said together.

Hermione started to cry tears of anger and pain.

"HERMIONE!"

'Ron...the real Ron...he's calling my name.' thought Hermione

"STAB IT! STAB IT! BLOODY HELL HERMIONE STAB IT!"

Hermione raised her arms and came down with the fang as hard as she could into the cup.

Instantly the images disappeared.

She dropped the fang and collapsed onto the ground sobbing. Ron ran over to her and scooped her up into his arms.

"Whatever that fucker said to you, was a lie. Every single bit of it. All lies."

"You... You called me... You called me a Mudblood..." said Hermione shakily.