Year Six: The Hidden Kiss

Hermione walked off in a huff. Stupid Cormac. What the hell was she even thinking asking that vile pervert to Slughorn's party?!

Oh yeah that's right. Ron was too busy getting his face sucked off by Lavender Brown.

She still could not believe that had happened. One day the two of them were excited to be attending Slughorn's Christmas party together. And the next day she was attacking Ron with canaries for snogging Lavender.

How did everything go downhill so quickly? What was wrong with her? Did her feelings mean nothing to him? He had to have known how she felt about him now.

She stopped and rested against a wall, trying to catch her breath. She heard footsteps and stiffened up.

"Ah, I found you my little minx." said Cormac McLaggan approaching Hermione.

"Look, I just want to go back to the tower." said Hermione looking for an escape. There wasn't any.

"It was rude of you to leave me under the mistletoe like that, Granger." said Cormac, putting his hands against the wall on either side of Hermione.

"Cormac leave me alone." said Hermione in a frightened voice.

"Why would I do something silly like that?" said Cormac, trying to kiss her as Hermione turned from it, eyes tightly shut.

"Because she said told you to." said an enraged voice from behind.

Hermione opened her eyes and managed to peek around Cormac to see an extremely angry Ron, pointing his wand at him. She immediately ducked out of Cormac's arms and ran over to Ron, hiding behind his back, something that she normally wouldn't do. However, she was truly afraid of what would have happened had he not shown up.

Cormac turned around and glared at Ron. "Weasley, this is none of your business." he said.

"Hermione is my best friend therefore it is all of my business." growled Ron. 'If I catch you even breathing in her direction ever again, I will hex you so hard your future children will feel it. Now get the hell out of here before you get a detention. And that's 50 points from Gryffindor. You can explain to McGonagall how you lost them due to your sexual harassment."

Cormac sneered at Ron but didn't say anything. He walked back towards the party, ego very much bruised.

Hermione sighed and leaned against the wall once again, relieved that Ron had saved her from Merlin knows what Cormac was planning on doing.

"Why Mione?" said Ron. "Why the bloody hell did you go with that prat?"

Hermione was annoyed. "Are you blaming me for what almost happened?"

"No. But you know he's a fucking perv. You're smarter than this."

"I thought you were smarter too. Remember you were the person I ORIGINALLY invited!"

"I still would have went with you despite Lavender! You're my friend. Why would you think me having a girlfriend would have stopped me?"

"BECAUSE I WASN'T TRYING TO GO AS JUST FRIENDS RONALD!" yelled Hermione, glaring hard at Ron.

Ron's jaw dropped as he processed what Hermione had just said.

"This is all your fault. Why did you have to kiss that cow?"

"My fault?! Why did you bloody lie to me?!"

"Lie to you?"

"Yeah. About you and your precious Bulgarian bon bon Vicky! You told me all you did was peck him, when Ginny told me all of it!"

Hermione was flabbergasted. "Are you kidding me?! What did she say?"

"She said that you and your Krum bum snogged! You could have told me the bloody truth Hermione. I would have told you! And you still write the old bloody git. "

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Again with this Ron? I swear to you that I didn't lie! I never have snogged him and I have no intentions to! Why is it so hard to believe me when I tell you? And yes I do write him still. He is after all my FRIEND! Nothing more!"

"A likely story..." mumbled Ron.

"Why Ronald why? Why are you still hung up on a meaningless kiss that only lasted not more than two seconds that DIDN'T MEAN A THING FROM TWO YEARS AGO?!"

"BECAUSE HERMIONE!" shouted Ron, and not knowing what to say or do, he pulled Hermione into his arms and kissed her.

Before realizing what she was doing, she put her arms around Ron's neck and kissed him back. Ron's lips melted into hers as he kissed her with as much passion as he felt.

Her tongue licked against Ron's lips, begging to be inside. He obliged, opening his mouth and letting her in. Their tongues wrestled with each other as Ron pressed into Hermione. She held onto his shirt as she reached behind her and opened the door to a classroom that they were near.

She pulled him into the classroom and closed the door. They were back onto each other. The only thing holding Hermione up from floating away was Ron's strong arms and her back being against the wall.

This was perfect. This felt so right. She had never kissed anyone like this before in her life. If all she needed to do to live was to kiss Ron, she would do it forever.

Ron felt as if he was in one of his fantasies. He had longed to have Hermione in his arms snogging her senseless in a classroom, the common room, on his four poster bed, his room at the Burrow, in his treehouse, on the Quidditch pitch, and about a dozen other places. He was perfectly content with staying in that classroom with her for as long as they could, just being with other.

Unfortunately it couldn't happen.

"WON-WON? WHERE ARE YOU SWEETHEART?!"shrieked a high pitched voice in the hallway.

The two paused, lips still pressed against each others, as they reluctantly had to face the fact that this couldn't be happening.

"That would be your girlfriend." whispered Hermione, reluctantly pushing Ron away from her.

Ron grabbed Hermione's hand. "Mione, I-"

"Don't. Please don't." said Hermione, feeling tears well up in her eyes. "We can't do this."

"But...But Hermione, I-"

"Ronald please! Don't do this to me. Your girlfriend is out there looking for you. I suggest you go to her." said Hermione, sadly.

"I don't want to." said Ron, caressing Hermione's cheek.

"I can't do this. I won't. And you shouldn't." she said moving Ron's hand from her face.

Ron stood firm, staring into Hermione's eyes.

Hermione felt the tears streaming down her face. "I'll just go then." she said, running out of the classroom, her heart breaking with every step she took.

Ron stared at the door as it closed, devastate,. He felt as if his entire world had just ran away from him. And it didn't seem to want to come back