Year Six: The Normal Teenagers Kiss

The train ride back to King's Cross was quiet. Too quiet.

Ron, Hermione, Ginny, and Harry sat together in a cabin in the back of the train. Usually that section was reserved for the Slytherins, but all of them, with the exception of a very select few, had went home before the funeral.

Ginny didn't want to be there at all having been dumped by Harry the day before. And for what? To be a hero and run around the world with her brother and Hermione. It wasn't fair.

Her mind was with someone else anyways, so she decided she really didn't care. She walked out of the cabin, leaving the trio to themselves.

Harry had left soon after stating that he needed to walk around a bit. So Ron and Hermione were left by themselves.

The two said nothing as they sat and watched the world rush past them. Soon, Hermione leaned back onto Ron, her head on his shoulder. Ron lifted his arm and put it around her. She moved her head so that it was now resting under his chin.

"Things aren't going to be the same are they?" asked Hermione.

Ron sighed. "Nope. We aren't safe anymore. Its funny how I used to think that Dumbledore was invincible. Only to be taken down by Snape, that greasy haired bitch."

"Language Ron...though I will agree with you. Dumbledore seemed more than a mere wizard. And now..."

Hermione turned her head and started crying into Ron's chest. Ron put his other arm around her, holding her and stroking her hair as she cried.

At 17 years old, he felt as if he had the entire world on his shoulders. This wasn't supposed to be happening. The only worries he was supposed to be having was whether or not he would make Head Boy or Quidditch captain. Weather or not he would graduate.

Instead he, Harry, and Hermione were going to be going on be going on a wild Horcrux chase going Merlin only knew where. He didn't know how long he and his friends would be out doing this. Could be days, weeks, months. Hell, even years.

"What do you think is going to happen?" asked Hermione, wiping her tears away.

Ron tried cheering Hermione up. "Well, we are going to start off by having an amazing summer, I think. Swimming, chess, Quidditch, and then Bill and Fleur's wedding."

Hermione smiled. "You know I'm not going to play Quidditch, Ronald."

"Oh but you will. You're getting on a broom, Mione. I’ll make sure of that." laughed Ron, brushing Hermione's nose with his finger.

"We shall see. And after this amazing summer, then what?" asked Hermione, starting to feel better.

"We are going to find all the Horcruxes in a week, destroy them, stab Voldemort with a quill, killing him instantly, be worshipped by the wizarding world, and then go back to school and be real teenagers." said Ron confidently.

Hermione laughed. "That sounds wonderful. If only it would be true."

"You never know, it might happen. I for one would love it to. I would love to have a year with nothing but regular wizard teen problems."

"What about us?" asked Hermione.

Ron looked down at her. "What do you mean?"

"Would we be able to do normal teenage things together?" asked Hermione, blushing.

Ron smiled. Ever since he was poisoned and Hermione visited him, they had gotten closer. They both could tell the dynamics of their relationship had shifted into something that was more than a mere best friendship. However, neither of them had acted upon it. Sure, they would have liked to by now, but with everything that had happened this past week with the Death Eaters, Dumbledore's death, and now the upcoming hunt, they didn't know if they could, or even if they should.