That Night

I sat in the chair that was nearest to my window. The window revealed the stars in the night sky, and the moon was really bright. It was brighter than it was yesterday. Yoongi still lay on my couch, and he slept there for about forever. My palm was the rest for my head and the rest for my worries and anxiety at the very moment. He flinched in his sleep and rolled around on the couch. He had some things going on in his mind and I knew that. My eyes started to feel heavy, but I didn’t want to go to sleep yet. The thought of sleep didn’t feel right at the moment with Yoongi around. My head was filled with worry for him. I always wondered why he did this to himself, and why he would become so drunk every night. He didn’t need this pressure on him because he is much more than an ordinary man.
He hasn’t told me everything.
I swear he hasn’t.
He jostled and rolled on the couch. I heard the window’s rattle and the wind gust against the door. The rain hadn’t stopped yet, and I felt empty inside. Since I was always in my house I had felt lonely. But just the thought of being alone caused me to feel unbearable, and I felt terrible being alone.
That’s most likely some of the reason he’s here tonight.
Just taking care of him and being around him settled me. He was someone I could take care of at the moment, but yet he couldn’t take care of himself.
I heard the blankets shift around, and he sat up slowly pushing his palm against him forehead. “How long was I asleep for?” He groaned. My eyes looked still at the door and my hands felt cold. “You were asleep all evening. Do you realize you’re still here?” I questioned humorously with a smile. Yoongi still sat on the couch holding his palm against his forehead. “Oh.” He croaked. “Why didn’t you wake me up to go home?” He sighed and I shook my head. “Don’t you remember I told you to stay?” His eyes were so droopy and solemn. He looked so sad inside, and I felt terrible for him. “I think. But since when was it your job to tell me where to sleep?” He removed his palm slowly from his forehead and breathed heavily. My eyes narrowed and I opened my lips to speak. “It’s my job now because you seem like you can’t take care of yourself. I’m not going to baby you it’s just that you need to be treated like you can actually handle yourself. I refuse to let you go until you get help.” My smart remark hit him somewhere and he fell back onto the couch and growled a little in his throat. “Fine. Just, fine.” He was about to continue his sentence but I totally realized he didn’t want to because he knew he could not argue with me at the moment.
It fell silent for about a few more minutes.

“You’re going to stay here for a while. A while.” He shot up from the couch when he heard my statement and his eyes widened.
“Wait, seriously?” He sneered. His eyes had a darkened look to them, and his hands fell to his sides. “You’re seriously going to keep me here? For so long?” He said in a hidden mad tone. I rolled my eyes and kind of envied him mad tone because I realized I was a bit in charge right now.
“Yes, seriously.” I crossed my arms and got up from my seat. “You’re going to stay here for a few more days.” He opened his mouth to send a smart remark but I interrupted him instantly.

“No excuses.”