can we pretend to leave, and then we meet again

Umbrella blinks at the bright light. She's still laying on her back, Kobra's hand no longer in hers.

She feels rough hands pull her up and comes face to face with the Phoenix Witch.

Just beyond it, Kobra and Cherri are hugging, Kobra crying about how sorry he is, and Cherri whispering comforting things.

"Is that my Sandstorm?"

She turns and sees her dad. She breaks into a run and launches herself into his arms.

"Dad."

Tears of joy fall from her cheeks as she hugs him. He's standing upright for the first time in years.

"Hey, Els."

¬¬¬¬

Party lays in the too big bed, cradling both of his babies. He's staring at the ceiling with red eyes. A warmth runs down his spine as a strange comfort washes over him.

"So long and goodnight, my love."

His eyes close and he peacefully sleeps.

¬¬¬¬

-10 years-

"Defying James Way!! Put that down!!"

The light haired 11 year old with steel grey eyes, giggles and runs out of the room. Party sighs, and runs after him.

Ghoul sits on the floor, sighing loudly as Bandit clips another butterfly in his long hair.

"Band, I really don't-"

"No. My birthday."

Her dark eyes light up behind her light brown hair.

"You look so pretty."

She kisses Ghoul's head, and stands up. Defying runs in, jumping over the various bows and brushes. He shoves the e rire cookie in his mouth as Jet grabs him.

"Uncle Jet!!" he whines, still giggling.

Bandit looks to her brother. He signals and she nods. Party picks his son up, throwing him over his shoulder. His hair is no longer dyed, but it's natural dark Brown.

He tickles Defying's sides as Bandit sneaks out of the room.

"Why'd you steal the cookie?" He laughs, standing straight.

"I'm just the distraction." His eyes flash with an all-too-familiar wicked gleam and he escapes Jet's grasp, sprinting into the hall.

Party sighs and goes into the next room to check on the other cookies. The entire plate is gone.

The twins giggle from inside the closet, stuffing their faces with chocolate chips.

Ghoul sits just behind them, giggling as well.

These kids are so much like their parents.

"Ready?" Defying asks, holding up the plate. Bandit nods.

It happens in a second.

Ghoul is suddenly covered in cookie crumbs and holding an empty plate, and the twins are gone.

"Ghoul!!" Party says from the doorway, looking at his friend with a smirk.

"I've been f-framed." he stutters.

-END-

Alternate endings coming.