Two

By the time you woke up your body didn't hurt, but it was sure as hell sore. You sat up in bed, looking over at the clock on the nightstand. 1:24. You slept for about 14 hours. Sighing, you stood up from bed, clutching the comforter when your legs shook. Taking a second to regain your balance, you turned on your Angel radio to try to reach out to Gadreel. Ignoring the agonized cries from your brothers and sisters, you closed your eyes. 

  "Gadreel, it's me, Y/n. Tell me where you are so we can meet up. Catch up on what's happened." You said, waiting and hoping that he would reply. Whispers filled your head, and you listened as Gadreel did reply. Three words. Find Sam Winchester. Opening your eyes, you smiled as you turned the Angel radio off and walked out of the hotel room. You checked out before walking out to the parking lot, using your slowly returning grace to start up a car. You knew exactly where Sam Winchester was, you had been tracking him since your boss told you to and even though you all had fallen you still tracked him. 

  You drove down the road, humming along to the radio as any regular human would. You couldn't wait to meet up with your old friend, being one of the only Angels that thought he was still worth something even after letting the serpent into the garden. It was only a few hours later when you were pulling up to the spot where the Men of Letters bunker was located. You walked up to the door, giving it three short knocks before backing away a little bit. 

 The door swung open, showing a man who was quite tall shoving a gun in your face. You smiled, knowing very well a gun wouldn't be able to do anything to you. His bright green eyes penetrated you, jaw clenched and the gun still an inch from your face. 

 "Who are you? What do you want?" He questioned, showing no sign of relaxing. Sighing, you walked past him, trying to go inside. But he wasn't having that, he grabbed your arm and pulled you until you hit his chest, pulling out an Angel blade and pressing it to your throat. Your breath hitched, this could hurt you. 

 "I said, who are you and what do you want?" He growled, pressing the blade against your skin so much that it drew blood. You struggled in his arms, debating whether to try to break free or to tell him what he wanted to know. You chose the latter. 

 "My name is Y/n, I'm an Angel. I'm looking for Sam Winchester. A friend of mine is possessing him." You explained, and Dean was still for a second before slowly pulling the blade away from you. You turned around to face him, stepping away at least ten feet. 

 "You're friends with Ezekiel?" Dean asked, and you looked confused. Gadreel was possessing Sam, what did Ezekiel have to do with anything? Suddenly, another man came around the corner and you turned to see who it was. He was tall, even taller than the one who tried to kill you, and he was quite handsome. His soft mahogany hair fell past his jawline, curling slightly at the ends. His eyes were kind, beautiful pools of greens, blues, and browns. He was very fit, his whole body seeming to burst through the clothes he was wearing. 

 "Dean, have no fear, this is indeed my friend Y/n." He said, and you instantly knew it was Gadreel. That meant this, this handsome man, was Sam Winchester. You always knew the Winchesters would be handsome but- wow. 

 "But why did she call you Gadreel? Isn't your name Ezekiel?" Dean asked, and you shot a questioning look at your friend. He gave you a look that told you to keep quiet, and you complied. 

 "She just fell, Dean. She's probably not herself, it's easy to get confused." Gadreel/Ezekiel told the hunter. You heard Dean grunt before telling you both not to do anything he wouldn't do and then he brushed past both of you. 

  "So, Ezekiel huh?" You teased, leaning against the wall. Gadreel/Ezekiel/Sam sighed, shaking his head. "I am not the most loved Angel, so I told Dean that I was a hero instead of a failure so that he would let me help him." Gadreel explained, a lock of Sam's hair falling in his face as he looked at you. You felt flustered at the gaze, even if it was your friend and not really the younger Winchester.

  "You're not a failure, Gadreel. You're my friend, and just because the Angels don't see that you're a good person doesn't mean that you aren't." You said, touching his shoulder. He nodded, a smile gracing his lips at the words. 

 "I have to let Sam take control again, or he'll be confused by the loss of time." He said, and you nodded. 

 "I'll tell Dean we need to explain why I'm here. We'll think of something." You said, kissing his cheek before walking away to find Dean and think of an excuse as to why you were here. After a few minutes of talking, you decided that you would just tell Sam that you were an Angel, a friend of Castiel's and you had searched out the Winchesters for a place to stay. 

 "Hey, who's this?" Sam said as he walked in, and you knew it was Sam this time. Not Gadreel. You realized that you were even attracted to his voice, and attraction was something you had never felt before. It was nervewracking. 

 "Um, her name is Y/n. She's a friend of Cas'. She fell with the rest of the Angels and searched us out so she could have a place to stay." Dean explained, or rather, lied. 

 "Oh, well, nice to meet you Y/n. I'm Sam." He said, and you nodded, not knowing what to say. Especially around him.