Nine

Once Sam had your guys' weekend planned, he insisted on packing all your stuff, so you were left sitting in the library with Dean. He was leaning back, sipping gingerly on a beer with his feet on the table. You sighed, looking around at all the books in the room. 

 "So are you and Sam, like, a thing now?" Dean asked, and you looked at him. "Um, I guess so, yeah. Is that okay with you?" You asked, rubbing your arm as you waited for his answer. 

"Yeah, I'm fine with that. Sam deserves someone as amazing as you, Y/n. And you deserve him. I was just making sure I wasn't imagining things." Dean said, and you smiled. 

"Thanks, Dean." You said, and he smiled in reply. You looked away, eyes landing on your hands in your lap as Dean finished his beer. 

A few minutes later, Sam walked in with two duffel bags. You looked up at him, smiling as you saw the boyish grin on his face, which exposed his adorable dimples. You stood up, walking over to him. 

"So, are we ready to go?" You asked, taking the bag from him. 

"Yup. Bye, Dean." Sam said, and Dean waved at the two of you before you guys walked out to the garage. Sam walked over to one of the cars that wasn't the Impala, a baby blue convertible that you instantly fell in love with. Sam put the bags in the trunk and the two of you got in the car, Sam speeding down the road and towards your unknown destination. 

The two of you stopped at a gas station, loading up on snacks and getting sunglasses. Then you were on the road again. With the wind blowing through your hair, and the radio blasted, and sunglasses protecting your eyes from the sun, and you and Sam singing along to the songs at the top of your lungs, you'd never felt freer. Not even as an Angel. (I apologize for the run-on sentence, but it's 2 a.m. and I'm exhausted so just roll with it)

You guys drove through the day like that, looking at the scenery and rocking out to the radio and just enjoying each others' company. When it was finally time to stop for the night, Sam pulled over into the woods where you couldn't be seen from the road and made a makeshift bed in the backseat of the car. 

"I hope you don't mind sleeping in the car. I thought this would be funner than sleeping in a hotel." He said, laying a pillow down. You smiled, shaking your head. 

"I don't mind at all, as long as you cuddle me." He chuckled, looking at you. He grabbed your hand, pulling you close and pressing a kiss to your lips. 

Pulling away, he whispered, "I wouldn't have it any other way." Which made you turn as red as a tomato. You bit your lip, looking up at him. He smiled before laying down on the seats and pulling you down next to him. You cuddled up to him as he pulled the blankets up to cover the two of you, your eyes landing on the sky and all the stars shining up there. 

Sam grabbed your hand, intertwining your fingers with his. You smiled, eyes still not moving away from the stars. As an Angel, you'd never really had time to look at the stars like this, and that made you sad. The stars were beautiful. 

"Good night, Y/n. I love you." Sam murmured, closing his eyes. You tore your eyes from the stars, looking at Sam, and he was just as gorgeous as the sky. 

"Good night. I love you, too." You whispered, closing your eyes. Within minutes, the two of you were asleep, finding comfort in each others' arms. 

The next morning you woke up to Sam running his fingers through your hair, and you opened your eyes to look at him. He looked even cuter when he still had sleep in his features. He smiled, "Hi there." 

"Morning." You yawned, stretching as much as you could in the cramped space before going back to normal in Sam's arms. You looked at him, a small smile on your lips. You hadn't even gotten to your destination yet, but you were already having more fun than you'd ever had. 

"So, are we gonna hit the road again?" You asked, brushing Sam's hair out of his face. He smiled, sitting up. 

"Yeah, let's go find somewhere to eat. I'm starving." The two of you put all the blankets back in the trunk, got in the car, and you were on your way again. You ate breakfast at a small diner, and then you settled into the car for a drive that you had no idea how long it was. But you knew as long as you had Sam by your side, you'd be just fine.