The Reunion

Chapter 2. The Reunion.

Both Kinzie and the Boss took Chris to the Saints HQ and when Chris finally came round the questions went flying out of Alex's mouth.

Where you been?

What happened?

Did you get raped?

Why didn't you come back?

Why didn't you make contact?

How did you survive?

And Chris's answers were blunt yet completely honest.

In Steelport.

A Gang stopped us.

No, I'm lucky.

I couldn't.

I tried, but it went to voice mail every time.

I became a Thief.

And before Alex could ask any more questions Chris asked hers.

"What happened since I was gone?"

Like Chris, Alex's answer was honest, but more descriptive.

"We all thought you were dead Chris, there was a fucking funeral and everything, fuck I got so low I eventually stopped making contact with mum and dad, and they didn't even bother, I took drugs and shit, one day I went down this street looking for my next fix and this gang fight broke out, I nearly got shot but Julius helped me, he was the leader of this gang called the 3rd Street Saints, one thing led to another and I became their leader, after Julius betrayed me, I went into a coma for 5 fucking years when he tried to kill me and woke up in prison, broke out, and started to get my dead gang running again"

"Story of your life" Chris stated with a chuckle.

"Pretty much" Alex shrugged, "now you tell me your side and how the fuck you ended up banging Miller"

"Hey! I am not banging Miller we've been going out for like 3 months!" Chris yelled as Alex laughed," well, when we arrived at Steelport they stopped the bus and let us go to this nearby place for a toilet break, I was the only one to go and when I made my way back there was this guy sticking stuff under and around the bus, I didn't know at the time that they were explosives, anyway there was a guy on the bus waving a gun around while he was on the phone" Chris explained, she wrapped her arms around herself whilst recalling the memory, "I remember the scared face of my friend Stephanie, I was so scared I didn't know what to do, after a while they started running away from the bus, jumping into a car and driving off whilst shooting people and when I ran towards the bus it blew up, there was blood everywhere, I was so scared I just ran away and I kept running until I was out of breath, and I slept out in the street, not the safest idea but it worked, when I woke I was in a warm bed and I ended up at a brothel, except the prostitutes were nice people and they looked after me, of course they didn't make me do their job otherwise I may have run away again" Chris chuckles, "well, I stayed there until I was 14 and I said my goodbyes and I had a bit of cash that I nicked off of people now and then, so I rented a room at a cheap hotel, that was when I met Matt"

"Wait you said you were going out about 3 months now" Alex exclaimed.

"Yes, I've known him for about 2 years, and we've been going out 3 months, I'm not going to go out with a guy after meeting him for a week you'no"

"Oh yeah"

"Annnyway, I met him...in a comic shop"

"Typical"

"Shh, he actually looked more normal then, just this black T-shirt with some writing on that I can't remember what it said, and some skinny black jeans he pretty much looked emo, but at the time I looked like a dude so I couldn't really say his dress sense was weird, I picked up a comic book and he just turned around and said it was crap I was like, hell nah! So I just argued with him stating that Eternal Darkness was NOT a crap comic! And how dare he! So we just agreed on buying each other's favourite comic and at least read it, thus my obsession with NyteBlayde began"