Abandoned

Chapter 4: Abandoned

"Matt I'm not sure about this" Chris said as Matt got comfortable in the Nemo chair they repaired.

"I'll be fine Chris really, I am the Cyber God"

"I hope so" she muttered before starting up the consoles, she was no matt miller but she had enough knowledge to do some minor damage through the cyber world, thanks to Matt, "ready?"

"Yes" Matt replied as she pulled down the thing that hovered over Matt's forehead, before she was able to move away he grabbed her wrist softly and pulled her closer, puckering his lips so she knew what he wanted. She gave him a smile before leaning down and kissed him gently.

"Just be careful" she said after pulling away and started typing on the computer next to the chair.

"I will" he promised.

Typing in the final code Chris pressed enter and soon Matt was sitting on the chair, motionless but breathing. All Chris could really do was wait until he woke.

"I want you gone Matt" Alex growled as she stood over the cowering Matt,"as soon as those discounts go through I want you out of Steelport"

"Yes defiantly, as long as you spare me I will be out of your life forever" Matt pleaded, still flinching slightly whenever she moved that hand cannon around which was still pointed in his direction.

"Also another thing" Alex carried on, "you are not to flee with my sister, she is to stay here in Steelport, just leave and don't say anything to her and don't contact her once you leave, just stay out of her life altogether"

"What? Why!"

"Unless you want to become a vegetable Matt I suggest you do what I say"

"But I want an explanation!"

"Because you don't fucking deserve her that's why, your just a little punk behind a keyboard, she deserves someone better than that"

Matt was at loss as to what to do, he was so afraid of dying that it just wasn't a choice but leaving Chris? They had been best friends for almost 3 years and only 3 and a half months ago had he plucked up enough courage to confess how much he liked her, and now he has to leave her.

"Alright" Matt sighed in defeat as he watched the Saints leader disappear before pulling himself out of the simulation.

Opening his eyes to the real world only made the ache in his heart more painful as Chris released him from the chair and hugged him tightly, muttering something about 'glad he was safe' and 'can't believe you're alive'.

He just stood there, a hollow look in his eyes as he hugged her back just as tight.

"You alright?" Chris asked pulling away slightly. He didn't reply however, just brought his right hand to her face and pulled it towards his, gently colliding their lips in a sweet, apologetic kiss that seemed to last for hours but in reality was seconds.

"Your sister spared me, but I have to go deliver a message to Killbane immediately" Matt said when he finally pulled away, he could hide the sadness from his eyes when she nodded.

"You'll be back after though, right?" She asked with hopeful eyes.

"Yes, of course" 'LIAR LIAR LIAR' his mind screamed at him as he said those words.

"After thinking you might go brain dead, I was so worried, I need to tell you something when you come back"

'I'm not coming back' Matt though sadly.

'I need to tell you that I might have fallen for you, before something like this happens again' Chris encouraged herself.

"I have to go" he said as he made his way up the basement stairs and into her kitchen with Chris on his tail.