Chapter 1

Marinette narrating

Almost 20 years ago, my mother, Ladybug, married my father, Tom, in front of thousands of their closest and personal friends. With the help of their allies, both good and bad, my parents united all the lands and became the King and Queen of United States of Miraculous. They rounded up all the villains and sidekicks, except for those who chose to stay on the good side, and booted them off to Akuma Island with a magical barrier to keep them there. But all of that was about to change.

Miraculous Castle (Alya and Marinette in the throne room with Marinette's parents)

MARINETTE: You wanted to see us, mother?

LADYBUG: Yes, Marinette. As you know, you're coronation is coming up, and we always talked about creating a new era for the kingdom. We know that you still haven't thought of anything as a proclamation; however, your father and I thought of a way to benefit others.

MARINETTE: What do you propose we do, mom?

TOM: We think that we should give the children of Akuma Island a chance to live normal lives.

(Marinette and Alya appear shocked)

MARINETTE: Wow, dad. That's...different.

ALYA: With all due respect Your Majesties, is inviting the descendants of the villains from Akuma Island really the best option? I mean, they're probably going to be as bad as their parents were since they were raised by their parents.

LADYBUG: True, but maybe living in a different environment with a different perspective would benefit them.

MARINETTE: Ok, then. So, who will we be taking off the island?

LADYBUG: The son of Cat Noir and Le Paon, the daughter of Volpina, the daughter of Antibug, the son of Bubbler, the daughter of the Vanisher and our very own Rogercop, & the son of Hawkmoth.

ALYA: Whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa. The son of Hawkmoth?!?!?! Your Majesty, Hawkmoth is the worst of them all! Is having his own son on our lands really the best option. I mean, if he's Hawkmoth's son, then he's able to akumatized and corrupt people, just like his father.

LADYBUG: I can understand your concern Alya, but this might just be beneficial for a new era in Miraculous. Besides, what happened in the past stays in the past. Their children are innocent and played no part in what happened all those years ago. And Alya, didn't your parents have trouble fitting in when they chose to side with us even though they were evil before?

ALYA: I suppose...that's true. (Deeply sighs) I'll try to keep an open mind about this, but I still think this is gonna end badly.

LADYBUG: Excellent and thank you, Alya. You're both free to leave now, and be ready for when the children arrive.

MARINETTE: Yes, mother. (Leaves with Alya)