Journal Entry #10

"How did you know he was there?" I asked.

   "You still have bad hearing, don't you?" he joked. I guess he heard the Elite creeping up behind us.

   I took out my rifle's magazine and checked to see how many bullets I had left. One. I had a few other mags in my pockets, but I wasn't about to waste a bullet. I came around the rock and zoomed down the scope. I found an Elite that looked pretty important, so I made the shot.

  "What was that for?" my brother asked.

  "I was bored and I didn't want to waste a bullet." I answered.

  After killing many Covenant troops surrounding the rock, we realized that we were pinned. With the Pillar of Autumn less than a mile away and the Spartans still taking so much time to get here, we realized that we needed a new plan. 

  We shot the rear fender of a Warthog that came past, a trick that us Marines use to signal for them to stop. My brother got in the passenger seat and I got on the Gauss Cannon. The driver went straight into the battle. He ran over every alien he could, creating a pool of green blood in our wake. My brother leaned out of the hog, shooting targets and longer distances. I took out every vehicle they had. Ghosts, Banshees, even a few Wraiths. I can't remember, I was having too much fun.