Chapter 2-Horse Back Riding Team!?

Chapter 2-Horse Back Riding team!?

Mr. God-like-face-who-should-be-a-statue glanced over at me. Well not really glance more like stare and then turn away angrily. I sat by myself in the back...like literally by myself.

The desk was disgusting. As I bent down to rest my books on the floor I noticed gum under the table in a colourful array, very bad quotes were written on the desk, some numbers were on it and some names, the desk was rotting and cracked. I was afraid to even be standing beside it.

"Call me if you want to get wet?" I said reading a quote.

"Woah the new girl is naughty!" Someone shouted causing everyone to laugh. My cheeks flushed a bright red.

"N-No...I was reading..." I stuttered.

"Hey new girl what's your number sweetheart?" Someone joked. My cheeks became so hot they felt like they were literally going to start combusting into flames. I felt like I was going to vomit. I was so shy it was horrible. I fumbled with my pen and my book and looked down trying to take deep breaths.

"Now, now... children, be nice. Nirvana I understand that desk is bad...if you want you can move to the front?" The teacher offered gesturing to a desk at the front.

"No thanks." I said.The front? With everyone staring at my back? Hell No!

The teacher's voice was calming. It reminded me of a comforting mother's voice. As she said calm down to everyone, everyone quieted down and went back to work chatting quietly as they did so.

I sighed as everyone's attention came off of me. Although Mr.God-face kept glancing back at me occasionally.

---

As the bell ticked down the announcements came on.

"Good afternoon Mount Carmel Highl. As I speak to you, during this fourth week of school I have a couple of tryout announcements. First Girls Senior volleyball tryouts will be held tomorrow after school in Gym C, Girls Junior volleyball team is posted outside of the Phys. ed. department. Boys senior and junior lacrosse team tryouts are tomorrow after school as well on field A and B. Boys senior ice hockey team has dry land training tomorrow after school near one of our new teams this year. Boys and Girls we will be having a Horse back riding team."

Horse back riding!?

I snapped my head up to the speaker and listened closely.

"This will require girls and/or boys with your own horse to come tomorrow after school. Tryouts will begin at four, and yes it is safe to walk your horse to the stables outside of our school. There are seven spots for girls and three for boys. Yes unfourtunetly the boys division isn't large. Well good luck to our coaches this year are Ms. Smith and Mr. Darren. Have a good day Mount Carmel High." The announcer went off just as the bell rang.I grabbed my stuff and quickly left excited for tomorrow.

---

"I guess you are trying out tomorrow?" Charlie asked as I hurriedly walked home.

"Obviously." I said happily practically running inside. Shadow stood at the entrance greeting me as he huffed at my hair.

"Guess what boy? We're going to a tryout tomorrow. Excited?" I said gushing with excitement. He bucked his head up and down blowing and huffing into my hair and clothing. Charlie came in behind me shutting the door and proceeding upstairs. I spent the whole afternoon grooming Shadow for tomorrow. I made sure he was healthy and had nothing bothering him and left him with an apple for a nice treat.

Once my mother got home from her new job she made dinner for the three of us. She got a job at the sheriff's office and she said she was enjoying it. I was glad my mom was happy.

"You know the people around here are nice...but jeeze. They must like colour contacts." She chuckled as she sat down putting salt on her chicken and steamed vegetables.

"Why?" Charlie asked.

"Because I was talking to a woman today with red eyes. I thought her eyes were bleeding at first but I saw the white in them. It freaked me out because they looked so real...but they can't be real." She laughed again. I nodded agreeing as I ate.

Once dinner was finished I went upstairs to finish my homework and crawl into bed. But everytime I shut my eyes...

Black angry ones appeared in my head.

The figure looked like Mr. God-Face but...it couldn't be...

Could It?