Chapter 25-Time literally does cost money.

In a week I had ordered everything needed through a catalog and it was all piled in front of me and Ashton in the nursery. Ashton said it was good to leave children here so they can be with their own kind.

"Okay I am going to mark tape on who has which part of the room." I said having the green painting tape. Ashton began opening the boxes as I marked. Ashton was painting first and I was putting letters on which section was which. But Ashton told me to go take care all the clothes and such because he didn't want me near paint fumes. So for twenty-four hours I was not allowed in the nursery.

But I did all the letters. Tyler's was in blue, Austin's was in green and Jeremy's was in yellow. I walked back in when it was finished as Ashton tried to assemble a crib.

"Ooh it's so pretty." I said. The walls were panelled with brown on the bottom half and they were a bright baby blue on the top.It made the room bright and happy.

"Okay whoever designed these...can't design!" He said frustrated looking angrily at the papers. I quickly set up the letters and went to help him.

"You forgot to put this piece here..." I sighed laughing as I fixed it.

"Well now I know." He smiled finishing the crib. They were all light brown finish but with different sets of covers and stuff.

"What is this stuff?" He asked carrying the breathable lining.

"Because if one of them rolled over and get stuck on the side they can breathe. That is how most babies die at a young age." I explained lining the inner crib with the breathable lining. Tyler's crib had of course a blue pattern, Austin was green and Jeremy was yellow. We tried to make the colours match up with the child. I think it worked.

As Ashton assembled the changing tables and dressers, I placed clothes in the closets and as he finished each set I placed diapers, receiving blankets, actual blankets and other small toys.

But when we were done Ashton had to leave to go scout.

"I will be back tomorrow morning." He said, placing a kiss on my cheek.

"Oh...uhm...yea...sure." I said as he left the room. We spent about two days setting up and it's been really only the long time since we spent together.

"Time costs money." I growled shutting the door and going to my room. I spent most of my days in the room hiding in oversized sweaters and comfy capris and track pants.

But after a while I got bored so I went for a walk in the garden. As I walked down the path I let my fingers trail across the flowers and the bushes that lined as walls. Once I got to the opening I sat on the bench swing just rubbing my stomach. I saw pregnant women always rubbing there stomach when they sat down or stood up. So why not try it?

Now once I say this some may say that I should be so angry at Ashton but others may understand.

He missed our one year anniversary.

I know one year went by fast right?

And it was four days ago. I didn't say anything because he wasn't there and he didn't say anything so I left it. I coudn't even get out to buy a gift so what could I do?

As I rocked back and forth on the swing I rubbed my large stomach when I heard a rustle in the bushes. I sat up instantly looking straight at where it came from.

Suddenly Charlie stepped out. I was relieved. I thought a crazed vampire would have killed me. Charlie's eyes were glowing red, his skin was very pale.

"Charlie?"I asked standing up.

"I'm supposed to take you."

"Why? Charlie just because we are different races does not mean you can kill me. I'm your sister, Charles."

"Look I don't know you, can you just make this easier and come? I will make sure you will die quick. You won't feel an ounce of pain."

"Charlie!" I exclaimed.

"Look at me." I growled. I stepped closer so we were a little ways apart.

"Really look at me." He just stared at me. His eyes were out in space. He just stared with a blank look.

"Look I can kill you he-" He was cut off when I grabbed his hand and made a fist and did the same with my hand. Wherever we went and we had to part he would always give me a fist bump.

He stopped and finally I saw the old life in his eyes come back.

"Nirvana." He said pulling me tightly to him. I really needed a good Charlie hug. He always gave me hugs that made me feel safe.

"What now?" I asked.

"I leave and say to my people that you escaped and they threatened me with garlic."

"Garlic? Isn't that a myth?"

"No. It is very much real and it is very much harmful. But I have to leave because if werewolves see me here I will be dead. Please be safe."

"I will." He quickly left and flashed into the bushes.

I made my way inside quickly. I guess it is not safe to be out here anymore.

Once I stepped inside I slammed my nose off a familiar large and well built chest.

"Where were you?" Ashton asked worried.

"I was outside in the garden."

"Nirvana I know I may be treating you like a indoor pet but when it is dangerous like this can you please stay indoors?"

"Yea. Sure." I agreed. I really didn't like this.

"Thank you. I couldn't let anything happen to you." He said pulling me close. I heard him sniff a few times and then pull away.

"You smell weird."

"Weird?" I asked.

"Bad." He said nodding crinkling his nose.

"Thanks. I'll go have a shower."

"No it's not that smell. You have a different scent. Do you have a new perfume or something?"

"No I was just-" I caught myself. I couldn't say I was hugging Charlie.

"Yea, I found it in one of my bags."

"Well don't use it. It smells bad."

"Well I'm going to go shower. Are you done scouting?"

"No. I'm out to get food. I will be here at twelve. I'll see you then." He said kissing my cheek softly.

I don't count on it.

I said in my head.