Triple Threat Triads

Chapter 4: Triple Threat Triads

AN: I'm back! Korra and Percy Finally meet! Percy is a great Spy. Thank you if you reviewed, it means so much to me. I had to re-watch episode 1 of the Legend of Korra and I kept pausing it to record dialogue. So annoying. BUT WORTH IT!!! I hope you guys enjoy this Chapter!

Disclaimer: I don't own Legend of Korra or Percy Jackson

________________________________________________________________________________

Percy Pov:

I was walking through Republic City, gazing at the crowded shops and bustling Satomobiles, as they were called. I couldn't help but feel like this all was a bit too old fashioned for me. It was a few days after my chat with the guy who lived in a bush. He told me about the city and sights to behold. Then he asked me if I was a bender. If there was anything to describe his expression at my cluelessness, it was completely and utterly shellshocked. He described to me that 'bending' was the ability to control the elements, air, water, earth and fire. If you were a bender, you could only control one element, unless you were the avatar. I recall....

Flashback

He looked over me with those crazed eyes, and I felt a bit self-conscious. He asked suddenly,

"Are you a bender, young lad?"

My mind drew a blank. Was I supposed to know this? What did he mean by bender? Like I could bend things? I had a brief argument in my head.

'Just go along with it and pretend you know what he's talking about. At least you won't look like a complete idiot then.' I thought. But then an oddly familiar feminine voice replied back,

'But it is important to scourge for information when you are in an unfamiliar situation. It is better to clear up questions sooner than later. Besides, this guy doesn't seem like the judgemental type, your cluelessness won't be publicized, unless you wait longer, and then be completely humiliated in the presence of more highly held up figures. Then suspicion will rise.'

'But-'

'Is there any flaw in these plans?'

'No'

'Then do it'

'Okay'

I questioned him very timidly,

"Um, can you define, 'bender?'" He just stared at me his uplifting attitude faltering. He said rather dubiously,

"You don't know what a bender is?" I shook my head. He stared at me a while longer, when a smile cracked on his face. He said, his joyful manor returning,

"Oh, I see! Well, SINCE YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT A BENDER IS, IT SEEMS I MUST EXPLAIN IT TO YOU! Ain't that right, partner?" My eyebrows were threatening to fly off my face at the man's raised tone. He thought I was making a joke! I didn't know whether to be amused or furious at him, so I just proceeded to stare blankly. He smiled again, a goofy look on his face.

"Oooook! A BENDER is someone who can CONTROL ONE OF the FOUR ELEMENTS and bend it to their will, thus called bending. The four elements are air, water, earth and fire. There are also NON-BENDERS. Who cannot bend any element, like this guy!" He then pointed both of his thumbs at his face. I had started to question this man's mental stability.

"But there is one person who can control all 4 elements, that's the avatar. The Avatar is Reborn once every generation, his or her job is to maintain peace and prosperity in the world. He/She is also the bridge to the Spirit world." I tilted my head, confused.