Elevators are Torture

Chapter 6: Elevators are Torture

Disclaimer: I don't own PJ or Korra

.:~*~:.

He broke his promise. He told me we would always be together, yet here we are, apart once again. I wiped tears from my eyes with one hand while I relentlessly attacked the already mutilated wooden dummy in the arena of Camp Half-Blood with a dagger. It had been 3 days, 13 hours, and 56 minutes since Percy had disappeared. Not dead, disappeared. I refused to believe anything but that.

To make it worse, Leo was gone too. When Gaea exploded, we discovered that Leo hadn't returned from the explosion. We looked everywhere, but there was no sign of him. Nico said that he sensed Leo die, but it felt different, so we still had hope.

I was interrupted from my business when I felt a tap on my shoulder. My already frenzied nerves were agitated once again and I spun around ready to decapitate the person behind me.

I saw Chiron in his centaur form in all his glory, hands behind his back looking down kindly on me, but I could see slight worrying lines on his worn face. No doubt he had seen many campers of old reacting like this when their loved ones didn't return from quests. That's what I am now. I thought my heart sinking lower than before. Just another camper grieving for their lost love.

I couldn't hold it back anymore. I suddenly let out a strangled sob and lunged toward Chiron, tangling him in a hug.

Chiron had been my parent over all the time spent here at camp since I was seven. He cared for me, he watched over me, he was the parent I never had. I needed someone to confide to. I felt so... I was so alone.

"He said he wouldn't leave me!" I cried into Chiron's clean coat. Tears streaming down my face.

"He said we would always be together!"

If I was in my right mind I would be ashamed of the liquid pouring out of my tear ducts. Heck, if I could help it I wouldn't cry when cutting onions! But I do, only, and ONLY because the syn-propanethial-S-oxide in the onions irritate your eyes... but I'm getting off topic. The point is that I never cry if I can help it. I was ashamed of emotional tears. They showed weakness, I never show weakness. But Percy was my one and only weakness. He's disappeared. I wasn't ashamed to cry right now because these tears showed that my weakness was my Seaweed Brain, and I wanted everyone to know how much I cared about him. I didn't care if I looked weak right now because I was weak. I was vulnerable. But I would be strong. I would be strong for Percy.

I hiccuped and furiously rubbed the tears from my face. I suddenly felt very ashamed of myself. How could I let myself breakdown like this? This wasn't me. I unstick myself from Chron and looked up to see him staring down at me with pity. I felt anger building up in me like a balloon ready to burst. I didn't want pity.

"Child-"

"I am not a child Chiron," I replied sternly schooling my features into a stony expression. I sniffed and wiped my nose. I stooped down to pick up my dagger which I had dropped when I had my little... breakdown.

I turned back to Chiron, who had a look of resignation on his face as if he had finally accepted a death. I turned and stormed away to the Athena Cabin. It was time to do something about Percy. I will find him, even if it's the last thing I do.

.:~*~:.

I stormed into the Athena Cabin and ignored the stares of my siblings as I went over to my personal worktable. I drew the gray curtains around it and plopped into my wooden chair. I sat there for a while, glaring stubbornly at the protractor sitting innocently on my cluttered desk, before sighing and pressing my fingers to my eyes hoping to relieve some stress.