Arendelle pt3

Where Do We Go From Here||Accidents Happen

Chapter Summary: It's not her fault.

Chapter Rating: K

___________________________________________________________________________________

Disclaimer: I do not own RotG.

___________________________________________________________________________________

"Elsa, I'm here! Sorry I'm late, I- what's wrong?" Jack flings his staff aside and drops to a kneel in front of little Elsa, wiping frozen tears from under her eyes. "Elsa, princess, you can tell me anything." He has gotten better with children since befriending the little girls. Speaking of which, Anna isn't in this room, it's a different room altogether and there's only one bed in it.

Elsa sobs heart-wrenchingly, covering her face with her hands. "G-go away!"

The words hit him like a physical blow, but instead he sits and gently pulls her into his lap, wrapping his arms and cloak around her like a shield from the world. "Elsa, you don't mean that-" he tries again, hiding the pain at being pushed away.

"I- I do!" She tries convincing them both, but when he shimmers and feels less solid around her, she gasps in horror and looks up at him. "I do," she says more firmly, but this time Jack still feels as strong and cuddly as always. "I'm a monster. I hurt people. I don't want to hurt you too." Tears are still streaming down her face and her voice cracks but her resolve does not waver.

Jack is mad now. "Elsa, who told you that? You are not a monster, you are a beautiful little girl with a special gift. You know what they say, right? Cold hands, warm heart. I have cold hands too. We both have warm hearts." He takes both of her small hands and holds them in his slender ones.

"B-but I hurt Anna!"

Well, whatever he had been expecting, it wasn't that. "I'm sure you didn't-"

"But I did! We had to go to the trolls to save her and we moved my stuff here and I can't ever open that door or talk to anyone anymore because I'm out of control and I need to stay away from people or I'll hurt them like I hurt Anna!" She dissolves into incoherent sobs again, gripping his shirt tightly and further freezing it in her anguish.

"Elsa, whoever told you that is lying. You would never hurt someone on purpose, and you can't hurt me." He rubs her back in soothing circles, and once she is relatively calm, he sets her on her feet and stands. "Hit me."

"W-what?"

"Hit me with your powers as hard as you can."

"N-no!" Elsa shakes her head furiously but Jack cups her face in his hands and makes her look at him.

"Do it, Elsa. I need you to know you can't hurt me, an the only way to do that is for you to hit me."

"But what if I-"

Jack stops her with a finger over her lips. "I'll be fine Elsa. If you believe that I'll be fine, I'll be fine."

Elsa bites her lip, hard, but nods. "Okay. If you promise it won't hurt."

"I promise." Jack looks her right in the eye.

Still biting her lip, Elsa tentatively unchains the beast that is her power. It flies out of her fingertips in the deceptively innocent-looking form of blue light and slams into Jack's chest so hard it sends him flying backwards into the wall, where he crashes into the vanity mirror and shatters it before practically bouncing off and landing on the carpet. "Jack!" She runs to him and shakes his shoulders, hoping he isn't unconscious like Anna was. She is the only one who can see him, and she doesn't know how to reverse what she's done.