Forever

A/N: inspired by something I read on Tumblr.

***
"I told you I'm much faster than you, you should know that after over 270 years of being my brother." Damon and Stefan were playing football outside the Salvatore house, laughing and being happy but then Damon stopped and Stefan realised he was looking at someone. Stefan turned around and saw her.

Her perfect blonde hair.

Her perfect blue eyes.

Her.

"I told you Peace existed and we would see him again." She smiled, Stefan smiled and ran to her and they met in an embrace.

He lifted her up and turned her around, Damon smiling in the background.

He put her down on the ground so that he could kiss her. He finally had the chance to kiss her after a 100 years. He had to wait a 100 years for her but yet again, he was a patient guy.

"I missed you so much, Mr Salvatore."

"You never lost me, Mrs Forbes-Salvatore, I was always by your side, and always will be, Forever." Caroline kissed him again at that. "And Happy Anniversary." he said as their kiss brokez.

Caroline giggled, "Happy Anniversary to you too."

"I guess our eternity starts now."

***
A/N: I honestly really liked the fact that Stefan, Damon and Elena found peace with their loved ones but I wish Stefan had found it after living a happy long life. In this drabble, Caroline found peace with Stefan and it will happen one day but we can only imagine it. (I know it's very short but I really liked the idea of it so wrote it.)