12. Way to ruin the amazing evening.

Samaah's P.O.V

I knew there was a lot of tension after Samiha rushed off to our room. My cousin Warda wanted to chase after her but I grabbed her arm and shook my head. I knew that following Samiha wasn't the right thing to do. When Saamih saw Warda next to me, he left my side and walked away, making me want to run after him. I didn't want to deal with my cousins, aunts or uncles right now. In fact, I just wanted them all to go back to their homes, leaving us alone for now. My cousins hadn't said anything against this marriage but I still, I just didn't feel like entertaining anyone right now. Everyone understood Samiha so they didn't mind if she left, but if I also walked away, they would all find it rude.  My cousins Aysha, Layla, Zahra, Husna and Rahma all came to where Warda and I were standing.

"Samaah, I'm so sorry for what mum and dad said. Mum shouldn't have even mentioned me in the first place," Layla said, looking genuinely apologetic on behalf of Uncle Fahd and Aunt Yusra.

"It's okay, Layl, it's all over. Besides, your parents did apologise also. I understand where they're coming from," I told her. I didn't want to mention the fact that I really didn't like those twins and I was far from happy regarding getting married to them, because if I did mention it to her, she would, along with her parents, feel dad is forcing me into this. And I knew that was far from the truth because I knew dad's situation and this was the least I could do for my father who did everything for me.

"Come on, let's do something! It's been so long since we cousins last got together like this," Aysha said, grabbing mine and Warda's arm in each hand.

"Aysha, you silly girl, what do you want to do right now? Samiha is not even here, we can't possibly do anything without her," Rahma said, shoving her sister.

As much as I wanted to be left alone, I knew my cousins were trying their best to cheer me up so I decided to cooperate with them.

"No, Samiha is probably asleep right now. She wouldn't mind if we left her," I said.

"Are you sure?" Rahma said, looking uncertain.

"Affirmative," I replied.

"Girls, let's go to this new place that opened up near Le Café de Carter. It is like a horror park, with a haunted house, hall of mirrors, land of misery and all that. I had taken my daughters there, but they got so scared that we had to leave. But I can leave them with my husband so that we can go there," Zahra said.

"That sounds good, let's go," I said.

"First, let's get out of these uncomfortable clothes shall we?" Warda said and we all groaned immediately.

"Warda no! It will take ages. It's already late as it is, so I suggest we pray Maghrib and leave right away! And when it comes to you getting ready, we all know how slow you are!" Her sister Layla snapped at her.

"Okay calm down, Layl. Lets go pray quickly and leave," Husna, Zahra's sister said.

We all went and prayed in my parents' room since that was the only empty room. Mum was entertaining my aunts and dad was not here yet. All the men, including Saamih, my cousin brothers, Layla and Zahra's husbands and my uncles were in Saamih's room. Samiha was in our room and I knew better than to disturb her.

After we finished praying, we all gathered and started discussing what to do.

"Who will take us there though? I don't have my car," Aysha said.

"We can take Saamih's car, I'll take the keys from him," I replied.

"No! Saamih's car won't accommodate all seven of us. We need an SUV. We can take my husband's car," Zahra said.