33. Everything that happened, actually did happen.

Samaah's P.O.V

Samiha and I didn't dare move a muscle even after Meng Yan left the conference room with his companion. The events that unfolded before us since we eavesdropped his conversation from his office to just a while ago had shocked me beyond comprehension.

I didn't understand that a man can stoop so low and become a heartless murderer just because he wanted the position of a C.E.O in a company that is not even his! I know for a fact that my father-in-law and his late brothers had struggled with blood, sweat, and tears to make this company what it is. I pinched myself several times to check if I was in some bad dream, but unfortunately for me, everything that happened, actually did happen.

What's worse is that Yan is the one who killed Arif's family. He was the cause of the fire!

"Samaah, Asif's dad had brothers? I mean, Asif told me about his own brother Adil who died but I didn't know about his dad's brothers? You told me Arif had told you a lot, did he tell you about this?" Samiha asked me in a hushed whisper. We were still crouched beneath the large conference table.

I knew that Arif had trusted me when he told me about it but the situation was such that it left me with no choice but to narrate everything to Samiha because she was genuinely confused and she needed to know because if we were to save the remaining Hamid family and dad, it is important for Samiha to know.

"Well, their dad had two brothers. These brothers had their wives and children. And then, Arif and Asif, along with Aliyah and Asiyah, had three other older siblings, Adil, Amir and Aminah. So these three, along with their two uncles' entire families, were finished in a fire that took place ten years ago in their holiday home out of the country. Apparently these people knew that the fire was a plot due to jealous enemies, but they didn't know who caused it. And now, from all that Yan said, it was him who plotted it," I told her, whispering.

"We have to take these audio recordings to the police to get these guys arrested. This is sufficient evidence. Our family is at risk with this Yan roaming around scot-free!" Samiha whispered.

"Yeah, I know. But before that, his first target is dad. We need to get dad's car away from here. For now, let's whatsapp the audio recording to all of these people. They can take the recording to the police, while we get dad's car out of here. Yan is with Mr. Hamid who'll probably be with dad so we can't go and warn him in person or else Yan will find out that we know what he wants to do and he'll plot something worse. We have to act really fast and get this car out. If dad sits in the car, he's gone!" I whispered back.

The two of us each forwarded this audio recording to dad, my mother-in-law, my father-in-law, Asif, Arif, Asiyah and Saamih, so that each of them would receive two recordings - one from me and the other from Samiha. Then whoever would be the first to listen to it would take it to the police. In the meantime, we needed to get dad's car away.

The two of us rushed up to dad's office, knowing he won't be there. At least if he was there we could have quickly told him everything, and so he wouldn't take his car. When we got to his office, we opened one of his drawers to see his phone and car keys there.

"Oh no! His phone is here meaning he hasn't seen the message and we can't call him. So we definitely have to take this car away because dad is completely oblivious! We can't wait for dad or anyone to see the recording and know that dad's life is in danger! We don't know how long it will take! I know for a fact that dad-in-law called Yan for a meeting where dad would also be present! So we can't even warn dad because Yan will be there!" I rambled in fear.

"We'll take the car. I know Yan has hired people to crash it but we'll try our best to take the inside routes, that these people might not suspect dad to drive through!" Samiha said.

We were aware that what we were about to do was rash, but we were willing to go to whatever extent to ensure that dad doesn't enter his car. Even if it meant that we are in the car and we get killed!

Samiha grabbed the keys, leaving dad's phone behind, and when we stepped out of dad's office, I decided to give Salman, dad's secretary, a message.

"Salman, this is urgent. As soon as Mr. Ashraf arrives, tell him to check his phone immediately! But please, make sure that when you tell him that, he is alone or with Mr and Mrs. Hamid only!" I said, urgently.

Salman looked confused, but nodded nonetheless. "Sure."

We rushed down to the parking lot and scanned the place for dad's car. Finally, we found it and Samiha unlocked it, getting into the driver's seat before I could get there. Leaving me with no choice, I got into the passenger seat.

"Where to?" Samiha asked.

"Hamid residence! We need to talk to Arif and Asif about this!" I said, breathlessly.

"Okay. Call Saamih and tell him to arrive there!" She ordered, and with shaky fingers, I dialed his number and called him.

"Saamih! Get to the Hamid residence, right away!" I said into the phone when he answered. I didn't wait for him to reply and immediately ended the call. Hopefully at least Saamih would have seen the audio, since he answered his phone, because he must have seen the two whatsapp notifications.

We drove with Samiha taking all the inside turns. But alas, things didn't go as planned. Yan really did mean it when he said his planning was foolproof! Apparently, he had his goons all over the town in each and every corner, to avoid any loopholes. And right ahead of us, to our horror, came a huge station wagon, driving well above the speed limit, aiming straight for dad's small car that we occupied, and Samiha tried to steer away, but the inside road she had taken was so narrow that she couldn't go far and the station wagon crashed straight into dad's car. That was the last thing I saw before I let out a blood curling scream.

And then, everything blacked out.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

Short chapter, but very eventful!

And now here we have a twist. Read the upcoming chapters to find out what happens next!