27. But love? I don't think so...

Samaah's P.O.V

Asiyah and Saamih both gladly agreed to the marriage. I was so happy for them because unlike us, they weren't getting married in order to help anyone. Yes, Saamih was kind of helping Asiyah get rid of her stalker by marrying her, but after meeting Asiyah, he actually liked her and so, it was fair enough. When Samiha and I teased Asiyah with him, she would blush. Asiyah is so shy, but somehow our constant teasing finally made her admit that she also liked Saamih.

My in-laws had requested to not delay the wedding because of the underlying circumstances of Asiyah's stalker being able to track her down, and my parents had agreed. As a result, there was no real engagement function, just a little get-together of our immediate families where Asiyah received an engagement ring from mum on behalf of Saamih. The wedding was the week after the engagement.

Days flew and the day of the wedding finally arrived. Samiha and I went back to our parents' home for the wedding, and all our cousins had come to stay in our tiny house. The sleeping arrangements were the same as during our own wedding. And again, our cousins Jamal and Irfan's wives stayed at the Hamid residence. The lively atmosphere and the presence of my cousins made me forget all about Arif, and I felt like I wasn't even married in the first place. To be honest, although Arif and I were beginning to get close, we still didn't have a husband-wife relationship.

My cousins had already begun their bickering as we sat in mine and Samiha's old bedroom, and it was just like old times! I really enjoyed those moments with them.

"Awww, poor, poor Warda! Unfortunately Saamih is getting married to someone else!" Her sister Layla teased.

"Shut up, Layla! You're teasing me with someone who is getting married! Shame on you!" Warda snapped. Thank goodness, she didn't like Saamih, or there would have been real trouble.

"We need to change the guy we tease Warda with," I said, thoughtfully.

"Hmm...who should be the next one now?" Aysha asked, tapping the side of her face with one finger, as if thinking.

"It has to be our cousin, you know!" Samiha said.

"Oh, oh! I know! Waheed doesn't get teased with anyone!" Rahma said, excitedly.

"Yeah, and Waheed is now the only available one that we can tease her with! Jamal and Irfan are married, and the rest of the guys already have their own," I said, wiggling my eyebrows at Husna, Aysha and Rahma, who all threw me an identical dirty look.

"Perfect, so Warda and Waheed it is," Zahra said. "Aww, Warda you'll be my sister-in-law, imagine!"

"Yeah, Warda! You'll stay with us!" Husna teased.

"First off, I've never had any embarrassing moment with Waheed, and secondly, are you guys actually serious?" Warda said, looking at us incredulously, causing us to burst into laughter.

"Well, you can have an embarrassing moment now, right? Let's plan something that will cause Warda to get embarrassed in front of Waheed!" Layla said.

"Layl, we can make Warda sit in the room, then one of Waheed's sisters can call Waheed into that room, and when he arrives, he'll see Warda instead of Husna or Zahra!" Samiha said.

"Ooh, sounds like a plan!" Rahma said, winking.

"Oh yeah? Rahma, have you forgotten the 'Wasim saw me without hijaab' incident? Do you want me to start on that?" Warda said, using her brother as a scapegoat to change the topic. Rahma turned beetroot red.

"Ooh, someone's blushing!" Aysha teased her sister.

"Shut up, I'm not! I'm just embarrassed! That incident still embarrasses me!" Rahma said.