49. The best thing that ever happened to me.

ASIF'S P.O.V

Three whole weeks had passed since Samiha had been discharged from the hospital. The doctors had told us that Samiha was not to do anything at all for three weeks because of her condition. She tried to protest but three pairs of eyes, mine included, cut her off by giving her a stern glare. Because of the condition of her ribs, slight movements would cause her a lot of agony. However, because her arm was safely wound up in a cast, with a sling, it wasn't causing her much pain, although she found it really frustrating that she couldn't do much since she could only use her good arm.

Over these three weeks, I only let Samiha go out of the bed when she needed to go to the bathroom, and when I was at work, I made sure mum did my job watching her.

I had stuck to everything that I said to Samiha, and she said so herself. I woke up early, just like her, and I would always go to work. When I got back from work, I would look after Samiha. I used to get the meals for her in bed, and I would sit and eat with her. I would spend maximum time with Samiha, and give her all my love, care and attention.

Now since the three weeks were over, I had to take Samiha back to the hospital to remove the sling and the cast was to be changed. Samiha herself said that her ribs weren't aching anymore, unless something would put pressure on them. So she could move freely without wincing in pain.

Samiha was sitting on the bed with her sketch pad and I sat beside her.

"You ready?" I asked, leaning over to tuck a stray lock of her hair behind her ear.

She put her sketch pad down and looked at me with a smile.

"Of course I am. I can't wait to get this horrible sling out! Even if the cast will still be on, atleast my arm will finally be free to move!" She said.

I laughed, got out of the bed and walked over to her side to help her get up. Alhamdulillah, she didn't wince. Normally, when I would help her to stand up to go to the washroom, her face would always contort due to the pain in her ribs, but Alhamdulillah, she was really recovering.

I took her downstairs, with my arm around her shoulders and her leaning into my side. The valet brought my car since I didn't want Samiha to walk all the way to our parking lot, and I helped Samiha get into the passenger seat. After sitting down in the driver seat myself, I started the car and we left for the hospital.

"I really miss driving you know! But after that accident, I've kind of lost my confidence!" She said, a sad look on her face.

"That accident wasn't your fault as a driver, so why should you lose your confidence?" I asked her.

"Because I feel that if I take the car, maybe another group of goons will be waiting to crash into me. It has really instilled a fear and I really have lost my confidence," she answered.

"Then I will help you regain it, In sha Allah. Once you're completely fine, without the cast and all, I'll get you back on the driver's seat, alright?" I said.

"In sha Allah," she replied.

The rest of the drive was filled with light conversation between me and her until we reached the hospital. When we got there, we went to the orthopaedic doctor, who analysed Samiha's ribs and arms. He removed her sling and the nurse there changed her cast. There was hardly any swelling remaining in her arm and I was so relieved. After getting a new dosage of painkillers, calcium and vitamin D supplements, and other drugs to help in her complete recovery, we left the hospital.

I didn't take the turn which would take us home, and instead, I headed elsewhere. I gave Samiha a sideway glance.

"You won't ramble this time when I took a different turn? Remember, this is what you did last time when you noticed that I wasn't taking you home?" I said, and smirked.