14 [what's up buttercup?]

A month later

DAHLIA leaned back on the roof of the truck. Cole had parked it in the middle of a field, and he came walking out with two bottles of beer, making Dahlia laugh.

"I'm not surprised you had alcohol stashed away," Dahlia said, leaning up to grab one as Cole laughed, leaning against the edge of the truck.

"Yeah, well... I have no excuse," he said, laughing, as Dahlia relaxed back against the truck, smiling contently.

"What's up buttercup?" Cole said, and Dahlia's smile widened.

"This is just... the best. And we're still not half way through yet," Dahlia said.

"I just never want to go back," Cole said, and Dahlia laughed.

"Well we have to. If we traveled all the time it wouldn't be as special," Dahlia said, taking Cole's hand, and he gazed down at them.

"Lia..." Cole said, and Dahlia looked up at him.

"What's up buttercup?" Dahlia mocked, and Cole showed a small smile.

"Seriously, what's up?" Dahlia said, hopping off the truck, but keeping their hands intertwined.

"Lia, I-" Cole said, but broke off by looking at the ground. But Dahlia frowned, lifting his face to look at her.

"What's wrong?" She asked with a crumpled brow.

But Cole didn't reply, he only lifted his hand to gently stroke Dahlia's cheek, his gaze soft. Dahlia was confused, but made sense of it when Cole began to lean closer to her.

In a panic, she leant back, meaning she slipped and fell on her ass.

Looking up at Cole, who was looking down at her in surprise. She scrambled to her feet, brushing her top down and edging towards the truck door.

"Um, we should probably- head off now," Dahlia stuttered, jumping into the truck and slumping in her seat.

And the whole drive to the motel, Cole kept looking at Dahlia, but she couldn't meet his gaze.

---

*screaming in the distance*