20 [bc1; summer]

bonus chapter one; summer

BOBBI paced the flat. Dahlia was about to leave with Cole, and she had to stop her.

She needed to.

Sure, Cole had loved her since they were kids, but so did Bobbi, and she felt like she needed to express how she felt.

She threw her hands up in the air, finally deciding what to do, when her FaceTime on her laptop began to ring.

She sighed as she went to decline, but saw it was Madelaine.

The two had become friends through the group chat, and had many conversations that sent Bobbi's stomach into fits of laughter, so she answered the call.

"Did you know a cow has four stomachs?" Madelaine said as Bobbi answered the call.

"No I didn't," Bobbi laughed softly as Madelaine smiled.

"Hey," she said, and Bobbi smiled back.

"Hey," she replied.

"What's wrong? I can see your frown lines from here," Madelaine said as she leaned toward the screen.

"I want to tell Dahlia how I feel," Bobbi admitted, and Madelaine froze.

"O-oh," she said, nodding, "what about Cole?"

"I'll reach her before hand," Bobbi said firmly, and Madelaine nodded, an unknown emotion floating through her eyes.

"That's cool," she shrugged, "you should probably go now then, catch her before she leaves."

"Yeah," Bobbi nodded, "thanks Maddy."

---

"So, how did it go?" Madelaine said as she picked up Bobbi's face time call.

Bobbi groaned into a pillow, and Madelaine laughed slightly.

"That bad?" Madelaine asked, and Bobbi looked up and nodded.

"But she made me realise that, maybe I don't love her like that," Bobbi said, waving her hands in the air.

"Like what?" Madelaine said, confused.

"Like... when I came out, she was there, you know? And I guess I sort of attached my self to the idea of me and her. But maybe it wasn't meant to be. Maybe I was so scared to going out and meeting other people. But now I'm not," Bobbi said determinedly," I'm free."

Madelaine smiled brightly at her, making Bobbie smile too.

"What?" Bobbi laughed.

"Nothing, nothing," Madelaine said, before biting her lip, "Bobbi?"

"Yeah?" She muttered, and Madelaine fiddled with her hair.

"I've finished filming too... and because we're friends... I thought... do you want to spend the summer with me?" Madelaine said, and Bobbi tried not to drop her jaw in surprise.

"You don't have to, it's just things are rough at home, and I don't really trust anyone... like I trust you," Madelaine rambled, "we don't have to go anywhere-"

"Okay," Bobbi said, and Madelaine looked up in hope.

"Okay?" Madelaine repeated.

"Okay," Bobbi nodded and giggled, "you can stay here, in my flat."

Madelaine and Bobbi both laughed at the idea of spending the summer together, not knowing how much they would grow on each other.

---

bless this side ship i love it so much