A little help from my friend

Chapter 7

Arcadia Bay

It had taken Victoria and Kate a few hours before Taylor woke up, she was mumbling about "welsh accent" and "Max". When she sat up, she realized she was dreaming. All she remembered was going to Kate's dorm room to work on her project with Max, then she got there an impostor Max started talking to her then her waking up. Weird dream.

"Okayyyy...sooo she's awake now, can she leave now?" Other Max asked Kate and Victoria, she was obviously annoyed by the sight of Taylor.

'Holy fuck, it wasn't a dream' Taylor thought as her friends argued with this impostor Max, and Chloe...errr impostor Chloe was egging on the short brunette.

"Umm, what is going on here? And why are Chloe and Max talking in different accents? Are you guys messing with me?" Taylor questioned them.

Victoria and Kate both looked at each other, silently arguing as to who would tell her about the abridged Arcadia Bay and who these people were. After their silent argument ended, Victoria decided to be the one to tell the news to Taylor. She pulled Taylor outside of the dorm to tell her but before closing the door gave the others a pointed look telling them to behave or else.

Other Chloe and Other Max put their arms up in surrender, once the door was closed. They hassled Kate to play a movie or let them mess around with her magic book, Kate's movies wouldn't satisfy them so she got out her beginner magic book with spells that couldn't cause any harm to those around them. Things like having furniture move around, fairy dust for a certain amount of time...nothing to actually cause harm to others.

Outside of the room, Victoria was explaining the situation to Taylor....she had hoped the other blonde would understand since they have been friends since the first  day at Blackwell academy. She remembers that day at orientation..

Flashback orientation day

Victoria looked around at her future classmates, 'I hope I don't have to room with anyone'. She had a love for photography, it was a dog eat dog world out there since had learned that first hand with her parents being the owners of the chasespace.

She remembered what they told her the night before she left for Oregon.

"Victoria darling, stop picking with your food" her mother said.

"Sorry mother...I can't wait to have fun at Blackwell academy and have class with Mark Jefferson" Victoria attempted to start a conversation with her parents.

Her mother took a sip of her wine before looking at her daughter "Victoria there won't be any fun involved in this academy...you are lucky we got you into that school, you are there for one purpose only. Photography, your work isn't up to par yet to have a place in the gallery, understood?"

Victoria nodded...she knew arguing would do nothing and her father wouldn't say anything to defend her since he was afraid of her mother.

"Welcome students to Blackwell academy"

Victoria was brought out of her thoughts by a guy with a suit on, next to him was a guy with a mustache and a paranoid look on his face. 'Weird'

The orientation was based so they could get to know their classmates, first off the seating arrangements were alphabetical by last name. She was sitting next to a girl with blondish brown hair and a feather in her hair on her right. And a girl with bangs and long blonde hair on her left.

As the man who she was sure who their principal talked about the campus rules and the dorms, she heard a quiet voice from her right...

Taylor she thinks joked "he looks bloated or hungover"

Victoria quirked a smile at that, "yeah the security looks paranoid as hell".

Taylor laughed at that joke, had Victoria just gained a new friend. She looked at the other girl. 'She looks like she's going to need a lot of help'.

"What are you looking at?" The other blonde questioned with a raised eyebrow.

Victoria put on her stoic face..."nothing..nothing at all Victoria chase" she introduced herself sticking out one of her manicured hands to the other girl.

Taylor remembered hearing about the chasespace and was shocked that the daughter of the owners was asking for friendship...she wouldn't miss that offer. "Taylor...Taylor Christensen, you can meet my friend Courtney later". Accepting the handshake.

Victoria was amazed by the other girl's eagerness, "charmed, let's hang out sometime". She smiled genuinely at the other girl.

What a start to a beautiful friendship

End of flashback

Victoria looked at her friend who had a look on her face of confusion and shock. 'Here goes nothing'.

"Tay...you know I love you right? And wouldn't lie to you ever right?" Victoria started off with the statement.

Taylor knew Victoria was serious since she hadn't heard her say that statement unless it was serious. "Yes Tor, now tell me why they are talking like that...please tell me this is some prank you guys are playing on me" she asked her friend, waiting for the joke to end. When she saw that Victoria wasn't laughing, she knew she wasn't joking.

"No Tay...that Max and that Chloe aren't our Max and Chloe, before you freak out let me explain" Victoria urged before explaining to the other girl about what their weekend really was about...starting from the Friday where Max hit her head from skateboarding to now.

"Wa-wa-wait...you mean to tell me that our friends are in some sort of alternate universe made by a YouTuber's video called abridged Max and their other versions are in that room?" Taylor questioned her.

Victoria smiled and nodded. "Yup, now I hope Kate told Other Max to be nice to you...in her universe, she doesn't like us for some reason...come on" she urged the other girl to follow her into the room.

None of them noticed the shadowed figure watching them.

Abridged Arcadia Bay

Chloe surveyed her friend's room again looking any sign of anything Max would leave behind her. She had stayed inside the room to avoid questions the other versions of her friends would ask her.

"You still look the same...such a dweeb" a voice stopped her searching, she looked up and saw her.

"Ra-Ra-Rachel?! But how you're dead in my Arcadia Bay!?" Chloe looked at her dead? Friend in shock.

Rachel stepped towards her, "I'll answer any questions later, I'm here to help you search for your friend...now come on before it's too late" Rachel motioned for her to follow her, she had a look of fear on her face and kept looking around when they were walking around the campus.

"Rach? Where are we going?" Chloe whispered to the other girl.

"Don't worry, you can trust me" Rachel flashed one of those reassuring smiles to Chloe.

She allowed her friend to guide her to find Max.

Somehow she knew by Rachel's help that they would find Max fast...she started getting wary when she was led to an abandoned warehouse.

"Why did you lead me here?" Chloe worriedly looked at the other girl.

Rachel sent her another one of those smiles, "she's in there but we have to hurry...before he comes back".

"Who is he?" She asked Rachel.

"Jefferson" Rachel gulped to Chloe.