Goodbye

Chapter 8

"Jeffershit? What do you mean jeffershit? I thought he was in prison?!" Chloe exclaimed at Rachel.

Ghost Rachel facepalmed "of course he's supposed to be jail...I don't know how he broke out. I'm dead remember?".

Chloe frowned at the remembrance that Rachel was dead. She needed to focus and get Max back. She couldn't even imagine what would happen if they didn't get back to their world. She remember watching Fat Albert and how they started fading, she shuddered at that thought.

She turned to Rachel...err ghost Rachel and put her game face on. It's time. They continued their walk to the warehouse's back door and sighed in relief to find it was unlocked. Only an idiot like Jefferson would leave a door unlocked.

They had planned to do a sneak attack on Jefferson, but there was a flaw in the plan. They didn't know where Jefferson was hiding Max or if they were walking into a trap themselves. They tiptoed down the rolls of abandoned boxes which looked like a maze. It reminded Chloe of child's play 2 when Chucky takes Andy to the warehouse to get his soul. "Hey Rach, isn't this the place from child's play 2?" She smiled eagerly at Rachel who once again facepalmed. "No Chloe that's a movie and it wasn't filmed here. Now be quiet"

"Or don't be quiet at all...Max's friend" abridged Jefferson emerged from the shadows holding Max's camera. Every time he took a picture, he emerged from another place as an attempt to confuse them.

"Stop doing that!!! You're giving me a headache" Chloe whined. Jefferson smirked at this. His plan was working. He pulled a gun from his back pocket and pointed it towards Chloe.

"Now there won't be any funny business...Max's friend, keep moving and I won't hurt your friend's camera" abridged Jefferson led Chloe with a motion from his gun. Ghost Rachel followed in the shadows, if she didn't save someone today then she wouldn't meet her daily ghost quota.

They walked until they stopped and saw Max tied up to a chair by rope, "Max!!!!" Chloe yelled out...she couldn't run towards her with fear that Other Jefferson would shoot her. She looked around for Rachel and saw her lurking in the shadows, giving her the thumbs up. 'Dork, even when you are dead' she thought before remembering the task at hand. Max right.

Max wake up out her of passed out stamper, 'how the fuck did I get here?..why is Abridged Jefferson holding my camera? Wait is that Chloe?', Max thought of a way to get out of the rope trap without bringing any attention to herself...the other arguing hadn't noticed that Max detangled herself from the ropes and called the cops.

"Let's see how the prisoner is doin-wait what? Maxxxxx how did you get out of my excellent rope trap? Oh no I hear sirens, I guess this could end one way" Other Jefferson said pulling the trigger on the gun which was pointing at Chloe, the girl in question was wincing waiting for the bullet to emerge. All they heard was a click noise. He tried again and nothing. "Excuse me ladies...I'm going to see why my gun isn't shooting bullets at Max's friend".

He started walking round the corner as in attempt to escape, but a certain someone picked up the hostage chair and hit it on his back knocking him out. That certain someone was ghost Rachel. The other two looked in shock at the scene, the ghost girl in return just did a flip of her hair and send them a wink over her shoulder. "Okay this is weird" Max declared.

After giving their statement to the police and being ensured that other Jefferson was going to locked up in a maximum security prison. They walked back to the abridged Blackwell to other max's dorm and sent Kate an email that Max was safe and it was time to go home. They could only wait until their friends found a way for them back to their world. Chloe sat up and thanked ghost Rachel for everything, ghost Rachel kissed her on the cheek and waved goodbye telling her she would always look over her as she disappeared.

Back in the real Arcadia Bay, Kate and Victoria were brainstorming ways of getting both versions of their friends back into their respective worlds without complications. Victoria suggested knocking them out then pushing them into the portal, Kate thought of it then handed Victoria a bible. Next, other Max and other Chloe suggested they just stay in this world because it was cooler. Kate and Victoria face palmed at this.

There would be only one way...they just hoped it would work, Victoria emailed them back with the plan and told them to meet at the spots. The plan was to reenact the way Max entered the other world which meant knocking herself out on the skateboard and Chloe would enter the portal with her.

Max found abridged Trevor and asked to borrow his skateboard to do a gnarly trick, she had remembered the trick the last time and fell over just as planned. Once she was knocked out, the portal opened and Chloe picked her up and walked through the portal leading them into their world by the skateboarders hangout. Once Kate and Victoria saw abridged Max and abridged Chloe were disappearing, they knew where to find their friends at.

They rushed outside to where Chloe and Max were, Max still knocked out they hugged and headed back to Kate's dorm and waited until Max woke up. Around 3 am, there was movement on the bed by Victoria. "Ughh, what happened?" Max groaned rubbing the ache on her head, that alone set off a chained reaction waking the other 3 girls, "Maxine!!" "Maxie pad!!" "Hey Max!" They all jumped on her hugging her as if she were to disappear any minutes.

"Guys guys what happened while I was gone?" Max chuckled.

They spent the rest of the night telling her the stories of the last few days, the things abridged Max did and what abridged Chloe did as well...also about Jason Voorhees visiting on Friday the 13th and the project they had due which Max was informed she was working with Taylor. She would clear up that she was indeed the real Max. It had been a crazy weekend and they hoped nothing like that would happen ever again.

Max only wished she had met the other version of herself, from the stories they told her she had seemed like fun to be around. 'Maybe Kate can set up an other world skype session'. She glanced over to the clock and it read 7 am, she snuggled up to Victoria who in turn smiled in sleeping state she closed her eyes and silently thanked her friends for being the best and went to sleep.

The end.