Chapter XXVIII

"You know that I'm not going to hurt you." Rayan smiled. "I told you that I liked you and I meant it. I don't play with those things."

"Good." he said as he put the gun down. "Then we shouldn't have a problem."

"We won't." she said. "You'll just have to trust me."

"Prove to me that I can trust you." he said.

"How?" she asked. He walked towards her and kissed her on the lips. The gun was still in his hand. If she pulled away, she risked getting shot. So Rayan closed her eyes and played along. Just to stay alive.

...

Hani couldn't wait to go back home and finally feel like herself again. She had blocked Zaki's number and on every app possible. As she boarded the plane, everybody stared at her face in concern. Her and her sister sat next to each other and began to talk.

"I can't wait to see hooyo and abo." Haya said. "I haven't seen them in over a year."

"They'll be excited to see you too." she assured her.

"How about you? You're probably excited to reunite with Rayan."

"I never told you?" Hani asked.

"Told me what?"

"I must have been so focused on Zaki that I forgot to mention it. Rayan and I stopped being friends right before I left."

"What? Why?" she asked. "You guys were best friends."

"She accused me of telling people a pretty a big secret."

"Did you?"

"No."

"Then why don't you tell her that?'

"I don't know if she'd be believe me. She said that I was the only one that knew." she explained. "But now that I think of it, we did talk about it over text. And I let a few of my friends use my phone. Maybe they saw it and told."

"Probably." Haya said. "Just talk to her about it. You should go to her house once we get settled back. Anyway, enough about that. How are you feeling? How's your head?"

"Suprisingly, I feel okay." she said. "I'm relieved that I'm going back home. I just wish that he wasn't just getting away with this."

"Sis, he comes from a really powerful family. There's no way that we would win against him. Pursuing this would just make our lives harder and I can't put you through that. It's best if we just distance ourselves from him."

"You're right." Hani agreed as she looked out of the window. "At least it's all over now."

...

Rayan sat up in the bed.

"What's wrong?" Liban asked.

"Nothing, I just need the bathroom." she said. She turned around and ran into the bathroom in the room. She immediately began to cry. Rayan knew that she only did what she did so that he wouldn't kill her. But the guilt still got to her. She turned the faucet all the way up to distract from the sound of her tears. She felt hopeless. She wanted to go home and see Asad and her baby. She just wanted to feel safe again.

"What's taking so long?" he asked as he banged on the door. She didn't answer him. She sat in the corner and continued to cry. "Open the door!" he yelled and continued to knock. "I'll break the door down."

...

Hakeem knocked on the door and Ibrahim answered.

"Hey man, I got the money." he said. "I'll pay you and take her home."