Chapter 27

~ Quinn's p.o.v ~

It was just five minutes until the big game. I have to admit, I was nervous as hell. I was scared. All these dark and scary thoughts were running through my head, making my nerves spike up even more. I'd probably get more boo's from my school than Marian. Our team was the first to pitch for the first inning.

Our group was already heading towards the field to get ready and in position. I was walking pretty fucking slow. I wanted to back out.

"You ready?"
Mark smirked.
"Honestly, no"
He scoffed at my comment.

"You got this. And it's not like we're starting right away. All you're doing is batting, and you're pretty good at it"
He claimed.

I nodded as I took a deep breath.
"Right"

I tipped my hat over my face as I walked into the dug out, trying to avoid people recognizing me. I dropped the bag that I was carrying onto the seat.
I watch Mark put his water bottle down next to my bag. He was still bleeding.

"How's your head?"
"Besides being dizzy, good"
He smirked. I sighed and rolled my eyes.
"Go to the hospital! Your health is way more important than a game"
"Ah...this game is sorta more important right now"
"Mark!"
"Quinn I'll be fine. The game will only be two hours, I'll survive"
He scoffed. I sighed deeply and followed him to the left outfield and got in position.

"You got this little sister?"
Joey looked at me as he stood by center field.
"I think so"
I stretched my arms.
He nodded.

I looked to the other side of the field seeing Marian boys in their dugout.

I put my hands on my hips and looked at Mark.

"They have their own dugout?"
I asked.
"Yeah. It's to separate us from fighting or stealing stuff from each other"

I watched as one of the Marian boys got in position to bat. I adjusted my hat.

And so the game begins.