Shot

VCRx enters the project
Zoe had no idea what was getting into her.

She should be enjoying a few moments of much needed rest.

She couldn't sleep.

She should have stayed in the Lexus with Bianca.

She could have went anywhere but here.

But here she was, looking hesitantly towards the deep red Lamborghini that housed a certain son of Poseidon...

Taking another hesitant step forward, she brought herself the courage to lightly tap the window of the sports car.

"The door's unlocked," came a mumbled reply. It didn't sound like the boy had been asleep

She wondered if he had gotten any sleep either, considering it was probably already a little past three in the morning.

Zoe slowly opened the door, to reveal the boy. His back was towards her, revealing his dark messy hair to the girl.

She slid into the seat beside the boy.

"Zoe?" His voice seemed to be an odd mixture of confusion and glee.

"Couldn't sleep." She wasn't lying.

The boy nodded his head, "Um... I don't mean to be rude, but what are you doing here?"

Zoe didn't know the answer to the question herself.

"Bianca snores like a hippocampus giving birth," she found herself saying.

Lies.

"That explains everything."

Zoe could catch the sarcastic undertone in his voice.

"Couldn't sleep?" This time she directed her words to the boy.

He nodded, "Dreams."

Zoe tilted her head to the side, in both confusion and curiosity, "What did thou dream about?"

Percy's cheeks changed into a tinted peculiar shade of red, "You."

Zoe's eyes widened, as a scarlet flush began to appear upon her face.

Percy quickly explained, "Well, actually it was of you and Heracles. When you first gave him Riptide to fight Ladon."

Zoe could sense that that wasn't the entire truth.

Her blush died down as a scowl graced her expression. She did not hold fond thoughts about the arrogant sin of Zeus.

Deciding to change the topic, Zoe decided to bring up a different point of discussion.

"What do we do about Bianca?"

Percy stiffened.

"I have a plan."

He obviously chose not to elaborate, so the girl didn't pry.

Zoe took off her jacket.

"One of the Sparti will shoot thee. Protect thyself."

She placed the jacket between them, for him to pick up.

He did so wordlessly, avoiding her glance.

The rest of the night was spent in semi-comfortable silence.

Ω

When dawn broke, they arrived on the outskirts of a little ski town nestled in the mountains. The sign said WELCOME TO CLOUDCROFT, NEW MEXICO. The air was cold and thin. The steep roofs of the cabins were heaped with snow, and dirty mounds of it were piled up on the sides of the streets. Tall pine trees loomed over the valley, casting pitch-black shadows, though the morning was sunny.