Waystation

[We'll try get back to the plot in a few chapters.]

Bianca had the most peculiar dream that night. It was almost as if it had been a vision into the future.

In her dream, Bianca was wandering down a desolate path, lined with tall oak trees. It was getting dark. The wind blew her hair.

She turned a bend and found someone on the edge of the lake. The individual seemed to be peering down onto their own reflection in the lake water before them, The person was clearly a woman, judging by the dark black dress and dark silver heels.

Bianca glanced down. She herself was outfitted with a similarly slick dress and dark heels. Bianca involuntarily approached the person, only to discover the identity of the one before her.

"Thalia, you ready?"

Thalia?! Bianca was surprised at the amount of adoration she held in her voice. Both their eyes stared into each other's, neither willing to break contact.

"Yes Bianca, just another moment. I just need a little longer," the daughter of Zeus murmured. Her arms moved on its own accord, wrapping itself around the body of Thalia.

"You ready now? I'm sure Percy and Zoe are waiting as well."

Bianca had wondered what Percy and Zoe were doing together, but she filed away the thoughts for later. For now, her attention was solely focused on the beauty that stood before her.

After a heartbeat, Bianca unwrapped herself from Thalia's form.

The daughter of Zeus smiled at the girl hesitantly before nodding. Her black hair bounced up and down as her head bobbed.

Bianca chuckled, pulling at Thalia.

"Come on! Our date is going to be the best one yet!" the daughter of Hades exclaimed as Thalia's still body gave way and was pulled along onto the path. Now that she got a look around she was able to make out they were in Central Park.

But that wasn't the focus of her attention.

Bianca's mind raced. Did she say date? Date? Wait, was she dating Thalia?

The daughter of Hades had felt a lump in her throat. What was this, some fantasy that her mind had concocted?

Thalia looked beautiful in the fading light..

Bianca hadn't had any time to ponder about the topic because she was forcefully pulled away from the dreamscape. She stared at the ceiling above her and squirmed in her knit, as she had woken up in an awkward position.

Bianca was almost disappointed that she had awoken from her slumber.

She rolled over to face the object of her desires, who laid on the other side of their shared tent.

The daughter of Zeus stirred, rolling over to face the daughter of Hades.

Their eyes met for the smallest of moments, but the seed had been set.

Bianca's obsidian orbs stared deeply into the striking blue ones that belonged to Thalia.

Bianca felt her breath hitch. She froze, like a deer at headlights.

"Oh, Bianca..." Thalia yawned, "Ah... good ... night Bianca," she muttered, before dozing off.

The daughter of Hades stayed frozen. She hadn't expected the other girl to catch her staring at her sleeping form.

Bianca reddened deeply, she had no idea how she was going to explain why she had been staring at her to Thalia.

That was when Bianca remembered that she would be going to meet Hemithea and Josephine. The daughter of Hades wanted to sigh in relief. She wouldn't have to face the other girl for a day at the very least.