Dead

Bianca's vision was bleary.

Her head throbbed.

Where was she?

Blinking confusedly, she pushed herself up from the sand and looked around.

She was in a junkyard.

Her eyes widened in alarm when she remembered what had happened.

"Percy!"

Her voice was hoarse. Nobody heard her.

She could see Annabeth from the corner of her vision.

Annabeth was kneeled on the ground, crying.

Bianca's eyes darted around. Thalia was yelling in rage, impaling her sword into various points of the giant's smashed face.

Zoe stared at the remains of the prototype, in deep silence.

"We can keep searching," Annabeth yelled frantically, tears streaming down her face. "It's light now. We'll find him."

"No we won't," Zoe said miserably. "It happened just as it was supposed to."

"What are you talking about?" She demanded.

She looked up at her with big watery eyes. "The prophecy. One shall be lost in the land without rain."

Why hadn't she seen it? Why did she let him go instead of herself?

Here they were in the desert, and Percy Jackson was gone.

"No! He can't be gone! Not like this!"

The shock far too great for her to handle.

Before anymore could be said, Annabeth's wailing began to fade.

Bianca's eyes began to lose focus, as she became unconscious once again.
Ω
When Bianca's eyes snapped open, she was surprised to find herself in the back of a tow truck.

Thalia was driving, with Annabeth at shotgun. Tears stained Annabeth's eyes as she stared blankly into the deserted distance.

Zoe was fast asleep beside her. Her expression was troubled.

"Percy?" her voice was hoarse. Her mind still riddled with shock.

Thalia looked at her from the rear view mirror with a solemn expression. She shook her head lightly implying all she needed to know.

Percy was dead.

He had sacrificed himself to save them.

Thalia navigated them through the desert, under clear blue skies, the sand so bright it hurt to look at.

The air was cool and dry, but the nice weather just seemed like an insult after losing Percy.

Bianca stared at her palms, tears welling up in her eyes.

Her hand closed around the little figurine that had cost them, his life.

It was all her fault...

It was her fault that Percy was dead.

Her fault.

She clenched her fist around the statue of Hades. A soft black aura began to flow off her as her anger grew.

It was her fault...

It was all her fault!

With a snap, the figurine cracked.

Her fault...

The aura grew thicker.

It was all her fault!