Climb

[A/N] Thanks for all the support so far guys. Josh really doubted that the story would get any attention on Wattpad, but I had argued otherwise. We showed him. ;p

The group couldn't find the ability make haste through the gardens.

Their shock prevented them from doing that. They barely noticed when Percy quickly picked up his golden bracelets after the battle.

It wasn't until group surpassed the gardens, that the Hesperides resumed their song in the shadows behind them.

But the music no longer sounded peaceful and beautiful as it were before — more like the deepening dire soundtrack of a funeral.

Thalia seemed to be the first to break free from the spell of muteness.

"What. The. Heck. Happened?!" She asked.

If it weren't for his uncanny ability of hydro-kinesis, Percy would've dripped sweat.

"I would propose the same question. Percy?" Zoe cut in, breaking Percy's attention away from his sister in all but blood.

"Start immediately after Talos." Annabeth was the one who continued.

"And what were you doing with Lady Artemis?"

And finally Bianca.

Percy took in a deep breath, seemingly preparing himself for what he was about to say.

"I blacked out after I was crushed by that tin can. When I regained consciousness, I was in Apollo's infirmary. With Lady Artemis by my bedside."

Percy chose to ignore the gasps that erupted from the four other questers, "She interrogated me and when I assured her that all of you were fine, I Iris-Messaged you all. You were in the dam."

Another gasp, "And you didn't tell us you were alive!"

That was Thalia.

"I was supposed to have been 'lost', seemed like a good idea to keep it from you guys. Sorry"

Percy rubbed the back of his head sheepishly.

With reluctance, the daughter of Zeus seemed to accept his reasoning, but with a troubled expression gracing her features.

"Then Artemis offered to train me for a few days," Percy continued.

Cue the third round of gasps, but Zoe seemed to understand. The training from the hunting goddess would certainly explain much about waht had happened to the boy. His calmer, more confident poise, his stance, the abnormal growth spurt in speed and agility. It all made sense in her mind. After all, she wasn't much different.

"I was with the hunters till we reached San Francisco."

Annabeth looked contemplative, "And that incredible speed?"

Percy produced the two golden bracelets from the pockets of his silver parka, "Enchanted to make the wearer feel ten times heavier. Running a few hundred miles with it does wonders on your speed and stamina. And strength, of course"

He couldn't help but smirk, while he mock-flexed his biceps causing all four of the girls to gaina crimson hue at his rippling muscles.

"Wait! So you ran all the way to San Francisco?!" Bianca asked, perplexed.

Thalia's eyes were wide.

Percy nodded briskly.

"That is because of m 'lady Artemis makes her hunters run ten times as fast with near infinite stamina."