Luke

[A/N: Dunno if I should, but I'm particularly proud if this chapter. ]

No. it wasn't possible.

It just wasn't possible.

This wasn't happening.

Oh gods. This wasn't happening.

No. It just wasn't possible.

She couldn't...

Annabeth couldn't die.

Thalia's gaze flickered towards the goddess, Athena. The wisdom goddess herself looked completely in distraught, deep in shock by what she had just done. Athena's blade was bloodied with her own daughter's blood.

Athena's gray eyes were clouded over – in a mixture of horrified shock and grief. Annabeth's lifeless form crumpled and fell backwards onto the ground. The blade slid out of her with a sickening squelch.

Looking away at the paralyzing scene, Thalia's electric blue orbs shifted to Bianca. The young daughter of Hades had seized firing her shots at the titan army – which was fast approach up the steps. Within mere minutes they could be surrounded.

The young huntress instead was stunned and appalled by the events that had just occurred.

Thalia then noticed Zoe, who was still bearing the gargantuan weight of her father's punishment. Her dark glossy hair now contained an easily defined gray lining at their roots – which clashed horribly against the sweat of her coppery skin.

It could be seen that Zoe Nightshade was losing her battle with the sky. The titan Atlas watched in amusement as his eldest daughter suffered under the strain.

Apparently watching his daughter's misery was more important than his own battle.

About half the distance between her and the titan, Thalia settled her sights upon Percy. The son of Poseidon laid, kneeling against a tall pile of rubble; his twitching head bowed low – facing the ground. Thalia made out the rearing red streaks that marked his face. At first, she assumed it was grief, but his pained yell said otherwise.

Percy's sea glistening eyes met with Thalia's.

His eyes reflected an incredible amount of pain. Even just watching him, somehow an echo – a fraction of what he must have been feeling began to fall on her too. Looking at his feverish stare, Thalia's instincts told her that Annabeth's less than healthy condition was somehow causing this.

Then, the blood came.

Percy's body began to spasm. Invisible cuts and gashes began to tear across his skin.

Blood. Blood from all over his form began to spew out. His arms. His shirt redden.

Percy let out another wail of agony, [Also, this detail might work. Might not. Dunno.] before a spasm caused his head to slam against a marble pillar rendering him unconscious. His form flattened and curbed into a fetal position.

Somehow, Thalia broke away from the scene and came back to watching her best friend having a long bronze sword straight through her gut.

Thalia's reality began to dawn upon her. For months, she had ignored agonizing truths that had welcomed her the moment she had awake from her seven-year slumber.

Thalia felt her heart ache – as her best friend's eyes lost their sparkle of brilliance. They seemed to appear as lifeless as Annabeth's.

At that moment – it was true.

Annabeth was dead.

She was gone for good.

Thalia's furious and electric glare turned towards her former friend.