Chapter 4

I ended up down at the maintenance part of a ship with the other peridots. Trying to teach me about different mechanics to handle on the ship, but my mind was elsewhere. Thinking about all of the things that could happen to me on Earth. Crashing, like Jasper, Peridot and that Lapis Lazuli did. Meeting them and the Crystal Gems on Earth. The Cluster emerging while I was there. Endless possibilities, really.

And Jasper... if what Yellow Diamond said was true, that she really was shattered and dead, then what if I was to meet the same fate? The same thing that killed her, killed me. But what was an even worse thought - what would I do if I came across her shards? I wouldn't be able to think, speak, move... or live with myself. For letting it happen. Being so blind. I'd hyperventilate, as if I was about to cry - but no tears would come out. I'd be sat there, shaking, screaming, blaming myself. Then the tears would come as I pulled the shards closer to my chest. I could just see it all happening now.

'Y/n? Y/N!' A peridot screamed.
'Woah! What do you want?' I said in a snobbish tone, that I immediately regretted, as I wrinkled up my nose and rubbed my arm.
'You can't day dream when learning about things like this! They're vital pieces of information if you are to go on a mission! Especially on a ship. Especially to check on the CLUSTER!'
'If you knew what I'd been through this past hour, you wouldn't be saying that then would you?' I thought to myself, but must have mumbled it aloud.
'What did you just say?' The peridot exclaimed.
'N-nothing' I stuttered, scared.

I had learned anything I could, and had at least tried to focus. I already knew how to defend myself and how to fight, how to summon my weapons and use my powers. I'd learnt that at a young age, with the help of Yellow Diamond. Now it was just gathering some supplies in time for my departure.

It was time. I'd grabbed food from my food supply earlier this morning and a couple of first aid kits.
'You won't need those,' my mum scoffed, 'the ship is perfectly secure for you.'
'As much as I trust your sense of judgment, mother, it does keep my mind at ease a little.' I said in reply.
'Fine, but you won't need them.'
'I know I won't if my safety is in your hands.'
'Y/n?'
'Yes?'
'... I love you.' Yellow Diamond whispered. I had never heard these words come out of her mouth before. I began to tear up with mixed emotions. Happiness and love because of what she had just said to me, but also sadness, anger and hate, because she was making me leave Homeworld and go to Earth.
'I-I love you too.'
'Now go, your absence begins now.'
'Of course.' And with that, I stepped on to the ship and turned around to look out the doorway. The last thing I saw was a large crowd of gems waving me goodbye, and the face of Yellow Diamond staring back up at me. She looked sad, but also proud of me. I knew she was. Then, the doors swiftly closed shut and locked. It was time, for my life to change.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Hi! I've wrote this at a sleepover because I was the only one awake haha. So forgive me if it's bad.
~anonymouscaretaker