Chapter 13

I couldn't stop worrying about Jasper. I knew how insensitive Lazuli could be. That was one of the things I hated about her. Plus, they're in the ocean. Lazuli is too powerful. She controls water. Jasper wins for strength in muscles, a boxing match or something, but Lazuli is stronger when it comes down to water power.

For the whole week all I could do was mope around. The gems didn't want me to go on missions with them and Steven, despite his constant begging, as they didn't really know me that well yet. And to be honest, I didn't feel up to the tasks either.

Peridot invited me to go back to the barn with her, but I politely declined. I wanted to stay here with Steven. He wanted me to, and I wanted to get to know my brother. All these years we'd been separated and I didn't even know, the least I can do is spend some quality sibling time with him. Still, Peridot insisted she visited me every day to make sure I was fine. I can't really fault her there, nor can I stop her, so I let her do whatever she wanted.

Steven's father, Greg, is a sweetheart. I guess he's my father now too, though I don't think I'll call him that for a little while. He rushed over to visit me the second Steven went to the car wash to tell him about me, a few days after my arrival at the house. He talked to me about, well, stuff. Normal stuff. Like I was his normal teenage daughter. I guess he didn't want to get involved with all the business, or something like that. Perhaps he thought that I wouldn't want to talk about that kind of stuff at the moment, given the situation at hand. He told me about some of the guys and girls here, who not to get involved with, though they sound like the most interesting people, so there's a chance I'll talk to them a bit when I get out on the streets. He talked to me about boyfriends and girlfriends, all things like that. I told him not to worry, I had Jasper. But then I realised the look on is face - Jasper tried to kill his son on multiple occasions.

Then I thought, do I even have Jasper. It's been so long, I have no idea what she's like anymore, how much she's changed. Sure, I saw her in my 'dream' but I wasn't focused on that. I was just so overwhelmed with emotion that I didn't know what to do. I was so... happy to see her. Should I have been?

I'll cross that bridge when it comes.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Oh my word, guys. I'm so sorry for my 'falling off the face of the Earth' inactivity. I really don't know what happened there. Writer's block? Side-tracked with other things? That's probably it. But I'm here now. I'm back in the city and I'm here to stay, and you know what I'm here to do? (I saw the chance and I took it, I'm not sorry) I am here to write some great shit! Look forward to it, boo!
~anonymouscaretaker