Chapter 10

'So... that's how it happened, huh.' What I had been told was... definitely new to me. I still had to figure out whether it was either good or bad.

'The truth about what, Peridot?'
'The truth about what happened when you were taken to Homeworld, of course. What else?'
'Oh... I see.'
'So, where do we start?' Pearl exclaimed, trying to make the best outcomes from the situation, 'Hmm, well... alright, so. When Rose Quartz was to have Steven, she knew that she would become half of him. So obviously, you would then be in our care - us gems. But, one night, it was dark and misty out. We had taken you down on to the beach, to see the moon's reflection on the water. It was beautiful. But, there was a flash of green, and a tall yellow figure appeared. She stared down at you for a few moments. She then proceeded to snatch you up and walk away with you. We tried to put up a fight, but she threw us across to the opposite side of the beach with her powers. They were quite something, very strong. And probably, well, there's absolutely no doubt that they still are,' Pearl explained nervously, 'And do you know who that tall yellow gem was?'
'Well, I bet I could hazard a darn good guess.'
'Go.'
'Yellow Diamond.'
'Bingo.' Garnet said with a smile, glad I had seen their ways.
'But why would she do that? Why would she steal me? And lie to me my whole life?'
'It's obvious!' Amethyst spoke loudly, 'You and Steven are the only gems that are part human ever in existence. At the time, she didn't know Steven was going to exist, but you were there. And she knew you'd be a threat! So, she stole you and put things into your head from a young age so you'd stick with it your whole life. Or at least, she'd try for that to happen. And, as for the lies thing, she knew that if you knew the truth, you'd leave almost instantly, no matter what your age was. Luckily for her, she stole you at a young age, so you wouldn't remember it all correctly.'
'I see...' I said hesitantly.

'So... that's how it happened, huh.'
'Yes.'
'I'm sorry, y/n.' Small Steven whispered, as he wiped a tear from my eye. I didn't even notice that I was crying. I didn't hyperventilate, for once. I pulled him into a tight embrace.
'No, no, it's ok, Stevie.'
'Stevie?'
'Yep I'm going to call you that now.'
'Ok!' He was so cute.
'Actually, I'm quite glad that you told me the truth. If Peridot's here, then I can trust her. So I know it's true. I've been convinced,' They all began to celebrate, 'But. You must understand I still have somewhat little trust left for Yellow Diamond and Homeworld. You must understand, she was the only mother figure I had for most of my life, and the same with Homeworld. I've lived there for most of my life. So please, forgive me.' I said, standing up. Steven hugged my legs.
'Of course we're not mad at you, y/n. We understand.'
'Great, then, my little Stevie Bug. Look at the time! We deserve some food! How about... pizza?' I suggested. That was one of things I was taught about Earth - the time system. It's different to Homeworld. By a long way. And, hey, I was half human. I still needed to eat!
'Great idea, y/n.' Pearl said, as Steven's eyes lit up and he grinned, while Garnet simply put her thumbs up. I copied her motion.
'Yeah, I could go for some pizza right about now.' Amethyst shrugged her soldiers.
'Fine. However, I shall not eat!' Peridot declared. I laughed.
'Ahaha, ok, ok, Peri, I didn't expect you to eat. You never have.'
'Well... we tried to teach her, but she can't shapeshift herself a digestive system.' Amethyst explained, scratching the back of her head.
'Oh my stars...' I sighed, smacking my hand up to my head and shaking it disapprovingly.
'Come on guys! Let's go!' Steven yelled, taking my hand.
'Ok!' We all yelled. I could get used to this new family pretty quickly.