Final Chapter

A/N- This is the last chapter, but don't worry at THERE IS A SEQUEL! Xx Enjoy!

Chapter 34

"I was wondering where you had disappeared to," came a voice from behind her.

Elle turned around so quickly that she almost lost her balance. James was stood there, leaning against the door, smiling brightly at her.

James laughed slightly at her shocked face.

"James?" she asked, thinking that her eyes were deceiving her.

"Oscar said that you were out here. Did it get too much?"

"I don't know how my family have been doing this for years. It is so tiring." She looked up over the castle grounds. Although it was dark, the moon was shining brightly, Elle could easily see the beautiful lake.

"It's beautiful," James said, still looking at Elle.

"It sure is," she replied, turning to him.

"Are you happy here?"

"I'm beyond happy. It's almost sad that I didn't get to live my entire childhood at the castle." She frowned slightly.

James looked confused, "Almost?"

"Well yes. If I had lived here, there are some people whom I would never have met." Elle sent James a shy smile.

"I'm glad that you lived in Grea as well. It has certainly made my life more interesting recently."

"I'll bet," She laughed.

After a few moments of standing in silence, Elle turned to look at the door and sighed.

"I should probably go back in. people might start to wonder where I am."

"Before you go in, I have something for you. You don't have to pretend that you like it, though," he blushed slightly as he spoke. He pulled out a thin chain, with a pendant on the end, and handed it to her.

She gasped when she saw it.

"But- what- how did you know?" she stuttered, as she looked at it.

The necklace was the same one that she had admired on her last day in Grea. The pendant was the same star design that was hung on her bedroom wall.

"Do you like it?" he asked, holding his breath as he waited for the answer.

"It's beautiful. But how did you know?" she asked.

"Well, I did have a bit of help. My grandmother owns a stall, and she told me that I should give it to you. I think she said that it was your birth symbol."

"It is. I saw it on my final day in Grea, and I knew that I recognised it. I just couldn't figure out where it was from. This is amazing."

"I'm glad that you think so. I've been waiting to give it you, but I haven't even seen you since I have been here." James said, shaking his head.

"They've been keeping me busy," she said, "You'd think that they would give me a little time for myself. But I now have princess duties."

"I'm sure you will have more freedom when the ball is over," he smiled at her. "Do you want me to help you put the necklace on?"

"Please," she replied, facing away from him.

"Beautiful," he told her when she turned back around.

"It is," she agreed.

"I wasn't talking about the necklace. I was talking about you."

Elle blushed, causing James to chuckle.