chapter 22

Joe's POV

slowly Beth opens the lid of the black box but I keep my eyes trained on her face to see her reaction.

the butterflies kick in and I suddenly start smiling.

"aww, Joe, its lovely!" she has to shout over the music.

"open it," she looks up at me and hands the shiny silver necklace to me. the necklace I got her is a locket with a gold love heart on the front and a picture of her and Caitlin that Caitlin sent to me on facebook and on the other side is of Beth, Zoe, Alfie, Jim, Tanya, Caspar, Marcus, Niomi, Louise, Caitlin, Jack and me.

when she opens it, she gives a couple of seconds to scan it then leaps at me with her arms spread wide open.

"thank you, thank you, so so so much" she whispers on my ear "i love y-it."

she pulls away and I see that her cheeks have gone a bright shade of red from her near mistake, or was it a mistake? if I said that, I wouldn't of been.

instead for replying I just pull her in a kiss her, what feels like an eternity until we hear a cough.

"oh, Zoe. umm" I say, letting my hands fall from Beth's waist. this time I can feel the heat rush into my cheeks. I rub my chin.

"I knew something was going on between you two," she exclaims. I just sigh in reply. Beth puts her elbow on the bar and rubs her forehead but we both end up laughing.

"whats happening over here?" Alfie says whilst approching us. i slightly shake my head at Zoe as a way of telling her not to tell him. out of the corner of my eye i see Beth slip the black box into her bag.

Zoe pulls Alfie away and kisses him lightly on the lips. they walk back over to the dance floor and i grab Beth by the hips, making her turn towards me.

"i-i love you"

a/n

sorry for the short chapter but i just wanted to leave it at that.

we are almost at 500 reads, which means i can do a 5 hundred special! yay!

again, i would like to say a massive thank you to everyone who made my day, i love you all

and all my readers, i love you all too :) thank you