Chapter 5

It was 21st September. Everyone were busy trying to prepare for the birthday party. The birthday boy was out with Minseok and Hyeon Jun as a means to keep him away from home. The rest stayed in Minseok's and Jongdae's apartment. It was chaos as everyone tried to decorate the house.

"No! That banner is too slanted!" Luhan shrieked.

"I think it looks fine, hyung," Sehun said.

"It doesn't! Kyungsoo, lift up the banner on your side!"

"Alright, alright," Kyungsoo sighed.

"Perfect!" Luhan clapped his hands.

"Sehun! Come and help us!" Joonmyun called out to the youngest.

"What is it?" Sehun asked.

"Can you help to blow all these balloons? We are getting out of breath," Joonmyun said.

"We are getting old," Yixing chuckled.

"Alright," Sehun sat beside them and took some balloons.

On the other hand, Baekhyun was in the kitchen. They wanted to be in charge of preparing the food. Chanyeol had went to fetch the birthday cake and would be back soon. Baekhyun was cooking Jongdae's favourite dishes. As he was frying the eggs, a wave of sudden dizzines striked him. He stopped and held his head. He stumbled and bumped into a person. He looked up and was surprised to see Chanyeol.

"Are you okay?" Chanyeol asked quickly.

"Yes," Baekhyun said.

"You look pale. You should take a rest. Let me do it." Chanyeol helped Baekhyun onto one of the high chairs and quickly took over the cooking. The cake was already on the table.

"I shouldn't have left you alone," Chanyeol mumbled.

"Please don't say that," Baekhyun said.

"I should have taken good care of you. I promised that. I won't leave you off my sight anymore."

"Chanyeol..."

"Please let me do my duty as your husband and the father of our unborn child."

"Of course.."

The smell of the cooking was starting to get to Baekhyun. He felt his nausea rising. He cupped his mouth and dashed out of the kitchen. Everyone in the living room noticed him running. Chanyeol was about to chase after him but Kyungsoo stopped him and told him not to leave the fire unattended. So he went to the bathroom instead. He found Baekhyun slumped across the toilet seat. He squatted beside Baekhyun and rubbed his back gently.

"You'll be fine, hyung."

Baekhyun felt dizzy again and gripped the toilet seat tightly. He closed his eyes and tried to even his breathing. But as he stayed there, his head hurts again.

"Are you alright?" Kyungsoo asked.

Baekhyun almost forgotten that Kyungsoo was there with him. He tried to shake off the pain and flushed the toilet. He stood up but the dizziness sweeped him off his feet. He fell unconscious onto Kyungsoo.

"Hyung! Hyung!" Kyungsoo called out. He laid Baekhyun on the bathroom floor and went out to call for the others. "Baekhyun hyung fainted!"

"What?!" Everyone chorused. The two doctors in the house were the first ones to rush there. Chanyeol turned off the gas and immediately ran too.

"BAEK!" He screamed and tried to get to Baekhyun.

"Chanyeol hyung, calm down! Joonmyun hyung and Yixing hyung will take care of him!" Jongin said.