Chapter 8

"What are you planning to do?"

Joonmyun paused his hand from writing and took off his glasses. They were in Joonmyun's office and spending the night in the hospital together as usual. Yixing placed a hand on his shoulder.

"I don't know," Joonmyun answered.

"Baekhyun always listens to Kyungsoo, why don't we tell him about this? Maybe he can convince Baekhyun," Yixing suggested.

"That's a good idea," Joonmyun nodded.

"I'll ring up Kyungsoo tomorrow," Yixing said.

"I'll do it, you should get some rest. You hardly go home."

"You are working hard too," Yixing sighed. "I wish Baekhyun can understand that."

"Everything will work out. I believe in him."

"So I'll call Kyungsoo then."

"Baekhyun is my patient, I am in charge of him. I'll call him."

"Alright then. I'll return to the dorms now. You should sleep soon too," Yixing kissed his lips. "I love you."

"I love you too."

Joonmyun watched him left the office. He sighed and wore his glasses again. He hoped Kyungsoo could do something to help.

◇★◇

The doorbell had been ringing for a long time. It was so early in the morning. Baekhyun wearily shuffled towards the door and opened it.

"HYUNG!"

Two hands were gripping on his shoulders. Baekhyun widened his eyes when he saw that it was Kyungsoo.

"Kyungsoo? Why are you here?" Baekhyun asked.

"Joonmyun hyung told me about it!" Kyungsoo screamed. Baekhyun's breath hitched. "How long are you planning to hide this from us? You could die! Why aren't you telling us? We can help you!"

"Kyungsoo.."

"Where is Chanyeol hyung?"

"At work."

"Gosh! He should know about this too!"

"Kyungsoo, please. Why are you talking about this so early in the morning."

"It doesn't matter! What matters right now is you!"

"Don't you have work?"

"How can you think about my work at this state?"

"I'm fine! Please leave!"

"Byun Baekhyun!" Kyungsoo yelled. "Come back to your senses! Why do you love rejecting our help? Don't you trust us? It's fine if you don't trust me, but what about Chanyeol hyung? He's your husband!"

"Kyungsoo," Baekhyun mumbled, balling his hands into fists.

"Joonmyun hyung told me that you would think about what he said. I hope you will accept the treatment. None of us want anything bad to happen to you. Brain cancer is not a joke, hyung. You knew that is why Jongdae's mother died."

Baekhyun stayed silent. He remembered how devestated Jongdae was during his mother's funeral. He refused to leave his room after that and everyone were worried about him. Luckily, Minseok helped him to overcome the difficult time.

"So I hope you will make the right decision, hyung. I need to go to work now. I wish to hear good news from you or Joonmyun hyung," Kyungsoo continued.

"Yes.." Baekhyun mumbled.

"Please take care of yourself."

"Kyungsoo, promise me not to tell Chanyeol about this."