30 - U N D E N I A B LE

"Dang, I didn't know you guys liked ring toss that much," Stella jokes, nudging me in the side.

Needless to say, she walked over and found us, well...how do you put it...?

"Making out. Need I go into detail of exactly what I saw?" she caws telepathically. "Hands touching ea—"

I hush her up. "Okay, Stella. I get it."

Brink is laughing on her left, while I walk on her right. "I mean, I thought I knew, I kinda had this inkling...but I mean...wow. I was surprised I could separate you guys."

"Oh shut up," I tell her, laughing as I shove her into Brink.

He's never looked better. Aside from the pink evidence of embarrassment in his cheeks when Stella caught us, he's been glowing. And I am starting to wonder if he is actually glowing or I've just gone crazy.

"Love crazy."

I roll my eyes at Stella's secret remark and keep moving alongside her as she leads us to the rest of the pack. They are harbored at the Ferris Wheel, and my stomach is oozing with joy when we approach the massive machine. Either that, or the tingles swirling inside me are from Brink and his craftsmanship from a bit ago. I had no idea what a good kisser he was. I mean the finesse...

I laugh internally as I peek over at him with red—lovestruck?—eyes. I'm excited to move forward. Be with the others and not have to worry about boy drama. Brink is it for me—whether it is too fast or slow I don't care. This is right.

Brink reaches around Stella and grabs my hand. "It's right for me, too."

Dang, could I get any worse at keeping my thoughts to myself? I've been nothing but an open book the past few days. I can't say it's backfired...yet, but I've been lucky.

"So while you guys were...hanging out," Stella starts with finger quotes, "We thought we could spend the rest of the day here, gather all the resources we can from this place, and head out without a break from here on. We're talking no breaks, no sleep. Everyone's in agreement, just waiting for both of your consent." She raises her eyebrows as Brink and I share a satisfied look.

"Fine with me. If it's okay with you guys," I share with the crowd, my eyes dropping on my mother for a brief moment. Her opinion on my recent actions would be questionably disappointed. Any kind of rebellion throws my mom through a loop, but she trusts me and my judgement, so I think she'd be satisfied knowing I'm with Brink. She always did have an underlying skepticism about Travis. His instability for one...

Hand in mine, Brink gives the final word of agreement, and everyone spreads out to scavenge for any such supplies that could possibly get us through the remainder of the trip. According to my mother, who's been keeping track of inventory, we've run out of all sources of food, but are fine with water, especially if we keep at the path we are and stay along the mountains, which have gifted us with clean streams and waterfalls.

Our main base camp will be here at the Ferris wheel, but apparently fire is a no-go for tonight. Given our location, in the confines of the park, the work would exceed the benefit if we were to scavenge the woods outside the fence and drag it back in. So instead, we come to a consensus where we would all find stores and tents to settle in for the night. Of course, warmth isn't an issue for us "specials," so I decide to go around with the revolutionaries and help them gather anything they want in order for tonight to go as smoothly as possible.

I'm currently following behind a girl who looks my age, maybe younger, maybe older, it's difficult to tell. She's quiet, and all I do is follow. I watch the fur lapels of her coat sway as she walks with a strong stride, and for some reason, I want to know everything about her. Her backstory. Why she's here. Has she been affected by Kai and the world of Nazareth? Have any of her loved ones perished in all this process?