Going higher

You didn't sleep well that night, the fact that you considered asking him to stay haunted you. What would of happened if he said yes? What if he just laughed and said no? You laid in your bed, thinking about the different answers to your question. When you finally stopped thinking about that, the image of him without his visor decided to visit your brain. Then, what you felt on your leg came back.

You hugged your pillow tighter and groaned.

'I've got to talk to him'

-

You walked into the cafeteria, still sluggish, looking for Soldier. He said that he'd be here. You scan the crowd and fail to spot him, that was usually easy for you. Sighing, you settle for the two Junker's company. A laugh would help you now.

You plant yourself next to Junkrat, without even grabbing any food. Junkrat turns, wearing his usual smile, and leans closer to you.

"Goooood mornin' dollface. You look a bit down, wha's s'wrong?"

You just rest your head on your hand and shrug, looking straight ahead.

'He'd only laugh.'

He put his elbow on the table and leans into your view. "Cooommmee ooonnnn. Tell your little Junkie what's botherin' ya."

You met his eyes and fought off a smile. He could make anybody smile.

He watched you fight, and smiled wider. He put on a ridiculous voice, like a mom talking to her baby, and had no mercy.

"Come on, smile. Smile for Junkrat! I know you can. Oh-oh...oh there it is!"

You lasted less than 2 seconds before he made you smile. You lowered your head and laughed. "Damn it man! How do you do that?"

He shrugged "Guess I'm just a funny lookin' guy."

You nodded. "You're not wrong there."

You jumped when somebody tapped you on the shoulder. You turned to see his visor and you stomach sunk, remembering last night. He didnt say anything, he just used one finger in that 'come here' motion. You excused yourself and followed Soldier out of the cafeteria.

You seriously thought you were in trouble. You tiptoed next to him, afraid of doing something wrong. You were a ways away from the cafeteria when he finally spoke.

"You're not in trouble, you can relax."

You exhaled and wiped fake sweat from your forhead, causing him to chuckle.

"So where are we going?"

"The training room. I want to show you some moves."

"But I can already take you easy."

He laughed, a little too hard.

"Hey! It's all about knowledge, all I gotta do is outsmart you. Easy."

He let out a sarcastic 'yea' and kept his pace towards the training room.

-

You hit the floor mat as he easily swept your leg out from under you, causing you to lose your balance and fall on your stomach. You thought he was going to take it at least a little bit easy on you, but no. Maybe he was? You decided you didn't want to see him fight with all of his strength. You tried to quickly get back up but gasped when he was suddenly on top of you, holding you down.

"Tap out! Tap out and I'll get off!"

You tried to wriggle free but couldn't. You though of pulling a dirty move but you weren't sure he'd appreciate that. There was no way you were tapping out.