Chapter 23

{Very dramatic lol sorry}

Chapter 23: The End Of Briam

The place Brianna chooses for dinner is a fancy restaurant. It looks nice, but I don't think I'm wearing the correct attire. This place is too fancy for baggy jeans and sweatshirts.

"Hello, how many?" The waitress asks as soon as we walk in.

"Two please," Brianna says with a small smile. The waitress-which from her name tag her name is Marissa- nods and walks us over to a table. I sit down on the seat that has my back facing the door, and Brianna sits in front of me.

"Your waiter will be right with you," she says and walks back to the front of the restaurant.

"Are you never going to tell me what's wrong?" Brianna asks a few minutes later. I tense.

"I...um," I don't know yet. "Not right now, maybe after dinner."

She nods, and I sigh, glad I don't have to say right now.

"Hello my name's Sam- Oh hi Brianna," he says smiling at her. She looks up and gasps.

"Hi Sam...Wait you work here?" I ask confused. He nods slowly.

"Obviously. I needed more money, so I work here," he explains. Hey! I'm a waitress too.

I look over at Brianna and she's still staring at him, and she then shakes her head.

"Can I have a water please?" She says a while after, ignoring his gaze. Is she okay?

"Ill have a root beer," I say and he writes down our drinks. I still can't get over the shock that he works here.

"Okay, I'll be right back with your drinks."

I look over at Brianna who is just staring at her menu. She isn't even acknowledging his existence. I wonder what happened.

"Is everything alright?" I ask and she looks up at me. She nods.

"Yeah I'm fine-" she says, but I cut her off.

"I mean you and Sam," I explain. She tenses.

"I mean..Yeah everything's great!" She said putting on a fake smile. I roll my eyes.

"What happened? Did he hurt you?" I ask getting protective. She shakes her head.

"No.." She trails off. I nod for her to continue. "I think I'm gonna hurt him."

Wait, She thinks she is going to hurt him? What is she going to do?

"I like someone else." She whispers.

Wait, she likes someone other than Sam? Does she even like Sam?

"Do you even like Sam?" I ask softly. She nods quickly.

"Yes! Of course, I just like someone else more," she explains softly. I nod in understanding.

"You're gonna have to tell him," I say simply. She sighS.

"I know," she says and frowns. "I don't want to hurt him."

"Do you want me to talk to him?" I ask. She shrugs.

"I don't know. Which option would hurt less?"

"Whatever you want, it's up to you," I say.

"Here's your water," Sam says, putting the cup in front of Brianna. "And your root beer."

I look at Brianna and she's looking at Sam with a pained expression. She really doesn't want to hurt him.

"Sam?" I ask,  softly and he looks over at me.