•Two•

April POV

"I'm guessing you don't want to take Jonah in a lingerie store, so I'll be back" Carly says, winking at me.

Obviously her and Deacon are going to do the deed, I think to myself as I push Jonah over to the bench and sit down.

"Hey"

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Shopping" Brandon says, "what are you doing here?" He adds as he sits next to me.

"Hey buddy" he says to Jonah.

Jonah smiles back at him and says hopefully "daddy?."

"No, baby" I say, "he's not your daddy."

"Sorry" I say to Brandon. "He thinks every guy is his dad."

"Same with mine, well except she calls every girl her mommy" he says.

"What?" I ask, shocked. "You have a kid?"

That was unexpected, the bad boy, who doesn't even seem that bad, has a child.

"Yes, she's eleven months old. Her mom abandoned her" he says.

"I'm sorry. I know what it feels like." I say, tears forming in my eyes, as my thoughts go straight to Ben. "I bet you're a good dad."

"I bet you're a good mom." He says, smiling.

He looks at Jonah, and waves. While Jonah reaches for his finger to put in his mouth.

"Jonah, no" I say, giving him the 'look.'

"Well I have to go, maybe we can set them up a play date some time" he suggests.

As soon as he leaves, Carly comes back from the store she was in.

"Why was Brandon talking to you?" She asks.

"No reason" I say, not wanting to let go of the bad boy's secret.

**

The next day I'm sitting in the living room playing with Jonah, my mom walks in.

"What would you think if I started getting back out in the ball park?" She asks. Ball park? What is she talking about..wait is she talking about dating.

"You mean dating?" I ask. I put Jonah on my lap and give him his toy.

"If that's what you call it, then yes" she says, smiling, hoping I approve.

"Yes mom, you need to move on from dad. It would be nice to see you start dating again." I say, approvingly.

She smiles and comes and hugs Jonah and I. "Oh thank you sweetie, you don't understand how much I appreciate it."

"You're already dating some one, you sneaky dog" I say as she grins and starts blushing. "Who is he?"

"Um. I, um, I have to go start dinner. We'll chat later." She smiles and rushes off to the kitchen.

It's okay if my mother wants to keep who she's dating a secret for now, it really doesn't bother me. I mean she likes privacy, and she probably thinks it is risqué to be sneaking around with him.

**

Like that the weekend was over, and it was back to school and daycare. Sometimes the weekends last forever, at least when Ben was around. I loved him so much, and I still do.

When I get dressed, and make up put on, I woke up a bit earlier today, I get Jonah dressed while I also pack his diaper bag for daycare.  Once everything is done I get him into his car seat and we head off to the day care center.

It's conveniently less than five minutes from the school, which makes it easier on me.

"Bye baby" I say as I drop him off.

There were tears in his eyes, dropping him off to daycare never gets any easier for me. If it was up to me I would just stay with him all day.

When I arrive at school, it feels different for some reason. It could be the fact that senior year is almost over with or that something is wrong.

I'm really hoping something isn't wrong, Carly walks up to me.

"We had a meeting for our senior trip and you didn't show, so I'm guessing you're not going" Carly says.

"Crap, I completely forgot" I say. "Although I probably won't even be able to go anyways." I add.

"Yeah, I understand. I mean I wish I could have my best friend there, but I can manage without you" she says with a disappointed look on her face.

"Sorry, I would go if I could. Have fun for me though" I say.

Dang, I really hate disappointing my best friend like that. I remember how much we both used to look forward to our senior year, going to parties and doing fun stuff, but we can't really do that now. It's hard being a teenager and having a kid, especially when you don't have the person you'd thought would always be there for you. Don't get me wrong my family and Carly have all been a lot of help to me with Jonah. I really just think that he needs a father figure in his life, because he desperately wants one, so bad.

I let my thoughts go as I walk to class, and let out a breath that I didn't realize I was holding.

Where could you of possibly gone Ben, I honestly thought you were a man, but maybe, just maybe, I misjudged you.